• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured Military Family-*violinjewel*

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM
  • 16 Replies

Everyone please welcome violinjewel as our new Military Family of the Week! Please tell us about yourself and post pictures if you would like. Ladies please feel free to ask questions!

*This post will start on January 25th and end on January 27th, 12am EST. Another family will be chosen the next day.*

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:10 PM

When my husband left after r&r. Hayley was not happy at all. It will also show in the next pic.

Right before Chris left for deployment. I have tons of pics of us, and places that we would visit, so if anyone has any special request, I'll be happy to post them. Thanks for picking me for this:)

Turb0Happy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:15 PM

Congrats and welcome mama!  You guys make such a cute family :)  What all places have you traveled to? 

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Your kids are so adorable! I could see she was not happy for him to go back =( She is going to be so excited when she sees him again!!

I also would like to know what places you have gone to =)

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:34 PM

Thanks:) We're only in National Guard, so we haven't traveled anywhere with the military, but on our own, we have done some travelling. We live in CO, though I'm temporarily in CA until my husband's deployment is done, but we would always go to the mountains on the weekends. Before I was married, I went with my friend to CO to visit her brother, and then we went to Arkansas to visit her great-grandmother. On that trip, and the way back to CA we went through Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. Also when I was younger, I went with my family to Mexico during Thanksgiving. I've also been to Nevada, I have family there too, and Utah.

Quoting Turb0Happy:

Congrats and welcome mama!  You guys make such a cute family :)  What all places have you traveled to? 

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, CO!

Its an icecream and candy shop, and we thought it was cute because it's our daughter's name, even spelled the same way:)

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:55 PM

where did you meet your husband?

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I met him in Aurora, CO at a country bar actually. We met through his friend and my roommate at the time.

Quoting bramamber:

where did you meet your husband?

fairymom2316
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Quoting violinjewel:

Rocky Mountain National Park and Estes Park, CO!

Its an icecream and candy shop, and we thought it was cute because it's our daughter's name, even spelled the same way:)

Awesome pics! Love the mountains =)

brennajoy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I LOVE CO!!! Hubby and I are hoping to plant our roots there one day. What part of CO do you live in? I have family in Aurora.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM

We were living in Aurora, until my husband deployed last year, and then I moved back with family in CA. When he gets back, we'll be moving back to CO, and more then likely try to buy house in Aurora. We like living in Aurora, and may try to buy a house in the Stapleton area. We love CO too, and can't wait to be back. I'm so excited about it, and absoloutely can't wait=)

Quoting brennajoy:

I LOVE CO!!! Hubby and I are hoping to plant our roots there one day. What part of CO do you live in? I have family in Aurora.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)