Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tax Time

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM
  • 9 Replies

Remember you can get it done and file your taxes on post.

Militaryonesource.com also has a link to do your taxes with H&R Block. I suggest being careful using it this year though.

Also if you go to IRS.gov you can find tons of free filing sites.

I did ours on Saturday evening using H&R Block and it did not come close to being right this year. We have to itemize because of having rental property. It counted everything as income but would not let me put in the expenses of the house. I also put our kids on there as dependants and it told me they were not our kids! It would not let me enter in the deductions of medical expenses. It was over a -$4,000 difference on our return from what it should have been. I did them by hand first and then entered them into H&R Block's program. I was not happy with it not letting me put in stuff we have to report so I used turbo tax. I got the same numbers on that program along with another as I did on paper. I am going to go mail them off this week.

Remember, even if you don't pay state taxes, you can still file a return and possibly get money back.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:56 PM

Bump.... ours should be in this week..cha ching

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

themacs4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:27 PM

turbotax.com is also free!  We should be getting our return back this Friday.

mommyofderek
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

H&R Block is to complicated. I prefer turbo tax it shows you what your refund is at the top of the screen and its free too! 

spcjones203
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:38 PM

Goin' to the Tax Center on Monday.

tangleballlover
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Same here. Turbotax walks you through everything. It's awesome and quick :) We should be getting ours back by Friday too!

Quoting themacs4:

turbotax.com is also free!  We should be getting our return back this Friday.

amberdy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

My dad is an accountant, so I just send everything to him and magically a month or so later I get money deposited into my account, LOL.  I'm just waiting for my interest statements from the bank.

Vandyswife
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:23 PM

We use Turbotax also.. I am not sure WHEN we will be getting it does anyone know that can maybe tell me. we filed the VERY FIRST DAY... but havnt gotten anything yet..

hobbitswife04
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Thanks for the info!!

My mom does ours. She's been doing taxes for 20+ years so thankfully thats one headache I don't have to deal with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)