Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone else find this strange? (PIOG)

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

I had to go to my 11 year old son's school for a conference with his teacher.  The reason why may be put into another post.  :)

Anyway, so I am talking to this teacher and she goes, "I have been meaning to call you. Perry had your 'New Moon' book here and it was sitting around so I decided to borrow it. I just saw it and thought, 'Oh, I haven't read that one yet so I borrowed it. I hope that's okay."

Ummmm, don't you think you should have asked me first or had my son ask me lady?  lol  How in the hell can I say "no, it is not okay" when it is at your house?

I wouldn't have minded, but I was already in a pissy mood and I was really annoyed that she just thought it was okay to take my book and "borrow" it without asking first.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
IleanRight
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Wow!! That is weird...even my best friend would have asked first!!

IndysMama
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:01 PM

hahaha.  I have to admitt, the story makes me laugh.  I would have stared in her face and said "actually, I was in the middle of reading it.  I'd like it back pleae."  What nerve she had!  I'd be pissed, too.  but it is kind of funny....who does that?!

KBix
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

wow you are a better woman than i am. thats not borrowing thats stealing. there are cars sitting around in the parking, does that mean i can go borrow one...no...

I swear some people have no morals when it comes to the things they do. I mean how hard would it have been for her to call you and say hey can i borrow your new moon book?

Mikeynlexismom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:02 PM

yea that is a little strange.  I would have thought she would have asked you before just borrowing it.

myfoursonsks
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:04 PM

I know..I just kept thinking, "Is she serious?"  lol.  It isn't setting a very good example for her students.

She is lucky I didn't discover it before she told me.  If my son would have told me that the book was missing from school and I asked her if she had seen it and THEN it came out that she had "borrowed" it, we would have had a problem.  I would have totally assumed it was her intention to keep it an never say anything.

Quoting IndysMama:

hahaha.  I have to admitt, the story makes me laugh.  I would have stared in her face and said "actually, I was in the middle of reading it.  I'd like it back pleae."  What nerve she had!  I'd be pissed, too.  but it is kind of funny....who does that?!

themacs4
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:09 PM

That's really weird...She should have asked you before hand or at least ask your son to ask you.  I probably would have busted out laughing in disbelief if my daughter's teacher told me that.

MomNtheRes
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:12 PM

I agree, a bit odd. She is a teacher, so it seems like she might be able to locate a library and find a copy herself....

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

hobbitswife04
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:20 PM

yeah, thats a little weird....not sure how i would have reacted.

brennajoy
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:20 PM

Yeah, not cool.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

I think I find it more wrong then weird.

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)