Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

San Diego/MCAS Miramar?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM
  • 5 Replies

My husband is going to graduate C-school on March 5th & we're moving to San Diego right after. I was hoping to find some people in the area, just to chat or for tips or information about what's around. We're in the process of picking a place to live. We're going through Lincoln Military Housing & looking at Howard Gilmore area. Any friendly words are welcome, either here or send me a msg!!

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
prego7386
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:23 PM

well we are at Pendleton which is about a 40 minute drive but we go to SanDiego pretty often to do things. Coronado is a nice area to go visit and super close and balboa park is also a must do :)

newbiemomma2b
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Welcome to cali!! :) We're stationed in san diego, hubby is at nasni on coronado. There's is sooo much to do here and the weather is amazing (minus this last week) I highly reccomend getting a year pass to seaworld, kids under 3 are free and we pay $16.00 a month total for mine and dh. Also the childrens museum downtown rocks! it's only $5 per person with your military id. Def join the military ymca they have lots of little groups and activities. The beaches are great, there like eightmillion diff parks to go to. Playtown rocks, all the libraries have toddler reading time, theres balboa park which is where a ton of museums are and military is free I think it's 1 tuesday a month, umm there's the wild animal park and the zoo (we were thinking about getting a year pass to the zoo but not sure the price) and tons more lol! Now that you're overwhelmed with info :) hwo many kids do you have? We've got a 2 yr old girl Rileigh and we're always looking for new friends for playdates and just to meet new people and hopefully good friendships! Also hubby deploys that month so I will have tons of time on my hands and be way bored lol!

SeabeesGirl
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:13 PM

You will love the weather in San Diego.  We moved here in August 09.  DH is stationed at Coronado, but we live over by Miramar.  There is so much to do in the area.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 26, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Here is a bump

AMBER

Join us on

The Military Moms

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:55 PM

Quoting bramamber:

Here is a bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)