Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

renlistment troubles

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:25 AM
  • 4 Replies

Alright dh is in the process of renlisting from reserves to AR. It's been over a month since he put the paper work in. 3 weeks ago we were told that everyone who needed to signed the paper work, and it was on it's way up the chain so we should hear in the first week of March. Yesterday we were told that the paper work is still sitting on a desk waiting for one more signature and that person just went on leave so we won't hear til April.

His current activation orders are going to be up on March 24, and it's looking like we are going to have at least a month gap in pay. Not only that, but dh's also been informed that AR billets are getting slim and there's a chance that he won't be able to reenlist at all! Now I'm currently unemployed because we moved here to PA just before the holidays and were told to be ready to move in March. So I wasn't expecting to be here long enough for a job. So we don't know if we'll have any money coming in next month at all... We'd also lose our health insurance which means we'll probably have to stop ttc again!

We leave for our (belated) honeymoon tomorrow, but when we get back I'm going to start looking for work, dh's putting together a resume and hopefully we'll be able to figure something out, but there's a chance we'll have no income in the near future, and I'm scared out of my mind. I mean if it's only for a month we can handle it, that's what the emergency fund is for, but if he doesn't get the AR billet, than it's indefinite until one of us gets a solid job. For the first time since before dh got deployed I'm hoping I'm not pregnant because now there's a chance we won't be able to support this baby. If they had said something about all this shit when hubby first started filling out the paperwork we could have planned for it! We could have been ready! And then this one guy having the paper on his desk for a full month and not signing it!! We could have known by now what was going on! There's just a lot of questions right now and I don't know what to do... Vent over for now...

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" ~Unknown
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
hobbitswife04
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:06 AM

Unfortunately that's a typical situation in the military. We've dealt with it several times. Sadly, there are people who know they need to do something to get things through but since its not their life on hold they are in no hurry. Good luck, mamma, hopefully things will work out :-)

bramamber
by Amber on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:30 AM

I hope things work out for you guys.

asaffell
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Ugh, mama, that just sucks. I hope everything is going to work out!

themacs4
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Oh no!!  I hope it all gets worked out!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)