Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help!

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM
  • 15 Replies

I need help trying to get a hold of my husband that is in afghanistan. We are trying to buy a house and the lender is telling me that the power of attorney that i have is not good enough and we only have a few days to get this done. Any advice would be help full...

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
vances_mom
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:22 PM
Contact legal. Do you have a General POA? You should be able to do ANYTHING in his name as long as you have that. The legal department on base should have a paralegal or attorney that can help you out with that. If you really need to get a hold of him, Red Cross might beable to help, although I don't think this would count as an emergency in their book. Good luck!
carrey_fan
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Quoting vances_mom:

Contact legal. Do you have a General POA? You should be able to do ANYTHING in his name as long as you have that. The legal department on base should have a paralegal or attorney that can help you out with that. If you really need to get a hold of him, Red Cross might beable to help, although I don't think this would count as an emergency in their book. Good luck!

I do have the general poa and I did try the red cross and they told me that they cant do anything for me.

hobbitswife04
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:26 PM

Have you tried contacting your command ombudsman? They may be able to help you.

asaffell
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Call your FRO right now, mama. You may need a specific POA (you shouldn't, but they can get picky), and the FRO has the ability to contact the guys in the field. You can also contact legal, but I think the FRO is a better bet.

themacs4
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:40 PM

I would contact Rear D or your FRG!!  Good Luck!!

carrey_fan
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM

Can any one give me like phone number or anything like that? we are new the the whole military life and I don't know where to go to find out even who I should talk to.

travelinmom401
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 12:58 PM

try going to military one source online. they have all sorts of numbers and contacts. Also talk with your DH rear det commander. they should be able to help you out. good luck!good luck

MommaSpry
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:00 PM

I would start calling people on post they can get you the numbers you need.

JSA8914
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:54 PM

I had trouble with this when I was trying to get on-post housing.  I was told to go to JAG for help, if they could offer me any.  Ended up being okay, though, because the POA said Durable POA at the end.

jenriquez1229
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 1:57 PM

This...

Quoting themacs4:

I would contact Rear D or your FRG!!  Good Luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)