Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I should have stayed in bed

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM
  • 10 Replies

We had a squadron event today at the bowling alley and my child went crazy. She was exhausting! She was running laps around our area, throwing the calendar supplies on the floor (she was trying to clean it up, but was making it much worse) and climbing all over the arcade games. Ah, to have the energy of a 2 year old! LOL. Anyway, we come home and are both tired so we laid down on my bed and fell asleep. She woke up before me and decided to go downstairs and get a snack. I wake up to find her eating Lucky Charms out of the bag on my bed. Awesome. So we go downstairs to find the dog has messed all over the floor behind the recliner. Spiffy. I go to make dinner and I burn it past the point of being edible. Lovely.

Now the messes are cleaned, pizza and salad are on the way and I am going to read one of my new books until I can convince the wee one it is time to go back to bed.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dixiecharmer
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:33 PM

When I was in college I agreed to babysit my friends twins (2years old)  Her daughter (9 Years old) because her husband who had been out of town for 7 weeks was coming home.  They were to spend the night with me, their parents would pick them up in the morning.   

At about 3 in the morning I heard a sound, the boys were laughing.  I got up and started to walk down my hallway to check on them.  I did not turn the hall light on as I did not want to wake up their sister and my son.  My first hint something was wrong was went I stepped in something.  It was dry, soft, with some hard lumps.

Hummmmmmm.  I  looked in the bathroom where the boys were.  There they were with a 5 pound  bag of pancake mix, a bowl, and a bag of macaroni.  One boy was trying to turn the water in the bathtub on.  I am not sure what they were planning, but I had pancake mix and macaroni covering the hallway and bathroom floor.  I got them back in bed, and used a broom to sweep up most of the pancake mix.  I knew if I used the vacuum I would have every one up.  I got back into bed with the idea of cleaning it up later.

Their parents arrived before I got up.  I answered the back door.  The look on their face when they seen the white powder down the hallway and the foot prints on my forest green carpet.  I told them I thought the boys wanted pancakes but why they wanted macaroni in them was beyond me. 

We have laughed over this for years. 

Black Magic

at its best   Dixiecharmer

themacs4
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 8:43 PM

Aww..that stinks!!  My 2 year old acts really crazy sometimes, too!!  Hopefully it will pass soon!

asaffell
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:05 PM

Ugh, I know those days, mama. Tomorrow will be better!

violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:09 PM

Those little kids have way too much energy. I keep asking my kids to share some with me so I can keep up with their craziness.

MommaSpry
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:26 PM

I'm sorry you had such a crazy day. Those sure are exhausting!... I'm ready for the day to be over. I've just been having one of those days where people tick me off VERY easily

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 20, 2010 at 9:49 PM

If their energy could be bottled, it would be a true WMD!

Quoting violinjewel:

Those little kids have way too much energy. I keep asking my kids to share some with me so I can keep up with their craziness.

bramamber
by Amber on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:35 AM

You might want to crack a bottle of wime too;)

DevilInPigtails
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:50 AM

Ohhh I know that feeling for the last 5 months.  I am sorry your day was bad.  Hopefully the next was better.  Big Hug.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:54 AM

LOL! Not for another 3 months. I can't even have the fake stuff :/

Quoting bramamber:

You might want to crack a bottle of wime too;)

MaoChow
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Wow. Guess this is a heads up for me. I plan on getting a fridge lock and all the other necessary locks to keep her out of stuff or just fence in everything. I would want to go back to bed as well after a day like that.

pregnancy week by week

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)