Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hubbys bday

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM
  • 7 Replies

Just wondering what are some of the things you have done for your husbands birthday while he was deployed...my loves birthday is coming up in a few weeks and i want to surprise him with something..not so much like an expensive gift but something clever/thoughtful.

Thanks

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
violinjewel
by Julia on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:04 AM

I was thinking of doing that cake in a jar thing, but I just didn't have time to. My husband's birthday was at the beginning of this month, and I ended up just sending him cards from me and the kids. We're planning a trip for all the missed special days when he comes home in a couple of months.

Brat111507
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 4:55 AM

last deployment, he had just arrived in theater so the mail was all screwed up so we skipped that one- and his next one he was walking into the gym for homecoming! Couldn't ask for a better gift. So no good ideas from me, sorry. maybe make a mini video of you singing Happy Birthday to him and send his favorite movie and popccorn, and any candies he likes and do a theme for a movie night for him? Pack up balloons and silly string and confetti along with either a cake in a jar or even a big cookie- whatever you do, dont forget the frosting!

bramamber
by Amber on Feb. 21, 2010 at 9:31 AM

bump

LOVESTONED
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 10:31 AM

whats cake in a jar? im going to have to google that one. Thanks for the replies

usmclife58
by Nikki on Feb. 21, 2010 at 11:28 AM

I would do a birthday box. Balloons, confetti, a banner, noise makers,  and gift bags for everyone in his shop (yes, filled with the cheap little toys and candies). I would also do the cake in a jar with his favorite icing tub. And I know exactly what my husband would do with it: Eat the cake, make rockets out of the balloons and then hide the rest of the stuff until a couple of days after his birthday and put it in his common are of his shop and let people take what they want (he hates when they find out it is his birthday).

themacs4
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:02 PM

I ordered a tank pinata from Party Express & filled it with candy.  It wasn't too big, so I could just ship it in a normal box.  I also put confetti, etc. in the box.  Like usmclife said, I did kind of a party in a box.  He really got a kick out of it!!

butterflyblu
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 12:14 PM

My DH's birthday is coming up too and I'm not sure what to do.  I have a box ready to go of some of his favorite snack foods he wanted.  The only thing I could think of is maybe a movie to watch, cards, and pics of the kids.   They get sooo much stuff over there and he ends up having to ship a lot of it home so I didn't want to go overboard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)