Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured Military family-*MomNtheRes*

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM
  • 13 Replies

Everyone please welcome MomNtheRes as our new featured Military Family! Please tell us about yourself and post pictures if you would like. Ladies please feel free to ask questions!

*This post will start on April 1st and end on April 4th, 12am EST. Another family will be chosen the next day*

If you want to be one of our featured families, click on this post to sign up: Military Family of the week **read update**

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fairymom2316
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:00 AM

How long have you been a military family?

Do you have any pictures you want to share?

amberdy
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:03 AM

How long have you been in the military?  (I think you are, right?)

How many children do you have?

jedi_momma2
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:15 AM

Whats your name?

Whats your favorite thing about you and your husband being Military?

Whats your least Favorite?

Do you want more kids?

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:52 AM

Congrats.

bramamber
by Amber on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM

Where to want to live when you guys retire?

MomNtheRes
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Hi! Not quite sure where to start...so I'm gonna go with how my husband and I met.....

I joined the Army Reserves in Sept 08, and met my husband in AIT. I had just gotten out of a horrible relationship that ended over exodus, and wasn't looking for anything serious. I figured that the relationship would fizzle out after we both graduated. It just so happened his duty station was only 3 hours away, so every weekend after graduation he would drive up and stay with me and my daughter. I quickly realized that he was very serious about us being together (which I had hopes for, but no expectations). We knew he was deploying, and I told him that we would definitely be together but that I needed to take it very slow because of my last relationship. One night, after repeating this for the 100th time he was like, "Ok, Drea- why do you feel like you have to keep saying that? I know how you feel and it's ok."

The very next day it occurred to me that if I was planning on marrying the man when he got back it didn't make any sense to wait until AFTER the deployment to do it, and so when he came home the next day from his duty station I looked at him and said, "ok- you're going to think I'm crazy, but I think we should get married..."

Three months later on July 6th, 2009 we did! We got married at the local courthouse in our class As

I was pregnant a month later, but miscarried early on. He was scheduled to deploy 6 weeks after I miscarried, so we were both pretty heartbroken that we wouldn't really get a chance to try again. He deployed at the beginning of November, and two weeks later I found out I was pregnant again :) I have had a high-risk pregnancy this time, but things are holding strong and I'm 5 1/2 months along with a little girl. He is scheduled to come home right after the baby is born for r&r, and then for good a few months later. I can't wait to see my man again!!! 

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/DeploymentStrong

come home               in love

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:51 PM

Quoting violinjewel:

Congrats.

MomNtheRes
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:57 PM

Quoting jedi_momma2:

Whats your name? Andrea, but I go by Drea

Whats your favorite thing about you and your husband being Military? I like the "culture" so to say. And the benefits! Medical, school, bonuses...more than I've ever gotten with any other job!

Whats your least Favorite? The BS!!! The complete lack of organization- which seems to be even worse in my reserve unit, so we get it from both ends, uuug. One if my biggest worries is that he and I will get deployed back to back and go 2 or more years without seeing each other! At least then the kids would have one of us at home. 

Do you want more kids? I'm pregnant with my 2nd, his 1st girl. I'm pretty sure he will want another shot to try for a boy so he isn't totally surrounded by females, and then I'd like to adopt for a total of 4. But- we will have to see what life brings us :)

Join us! An active group for Mom's who are, or have been through, a deployment to support one another so we can stay Deployment Strong!

MomNtheRes
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:04 PM

Quoting fairymom2316:
Do you have any pictures you want to share?

Heheee......

sent him a few of those for Christmas for him and his buddies.

Me and my daughter peaking in last week- I'm getting huge!

My daughter on the 1st day of school this year

violinjewel
by Julia on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:39 PM

You have a beautiful family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)