Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Officer/Enlisted affair

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 35 Replies

Just curious about this and just to put it out there...No, this isn't my hubby...

What does the military do and/or think about an officer (female) and an enlisted soldier having an affair.  I say affair because he's married, but she's not and they are in the same company.  Just wondering!!

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Aslen
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Wow that fraternization of the WORST kind. She can get court-marshalled, or dinhonorably discharged. She'll have MORE shit rain down on her because she's an officer...and a fucking DUMBASS.

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

The military does not condone extra marital affairs at all. Regardless of the participant's rank. So I don't think, that the higher ups would be thinking about rank when reprimanding for adultery.

jenn210830
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:01 PM

i dont care who he's having an affair with...its still wrong any way you do it...it doesnt make it worse or better if its with an officer or civilian

gigglyann87
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

Really? There'd be a worse punishment for her, just because she's an officer? 

Quoting Aslen:

Wow that fraternization of the WORST kind. She can get court-marshalled, or dinhonorably discharged. She'll have MORE shit rain down on her because she's an officer...and a fucking DUMBASS.

Tara.gif picture by MomOfThr33

themacs4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I thought that too!  Plus, they both know better..

Quoting Aslen:

themacs4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Oh, I know it is.  I just put enlisted/officer there because they are both military.

Quoting jenn210830:

i dont care who he's having an affair with...its still wrong any way you do it...it doesnt make it worse or better if its with an officer or civilian

new2this09
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:03 PM

This is against the UCMJ, and like the previous poster said, she can get court marshalled. Usually the higher ranking person is the one who would suffer more consequences.

Different branches of the military view it differently also. I understand the Marine Corps is the most strict and the Air Force is the least strict, when it comes to fraternization.

Also, I believe the regulation interprets to say an officer and enlisted member may not date. They are allowed to get married though.

Adultery is also against the UCMJ, so things wouldn't work out so well for the enlisted guy either.

themacs4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM

I'm pretty sure there is because fraternizing with an enlisted when you're an officer is a no no. 

Quoting gigglyann87:

Quoting Aslen:

themacs4
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Let me ask this..I know officers are higher ranking than enlisted, but he's not a lower enlisted guy..Does that make a difference?

Quoting new2this09:

This is against the UCMJ, and like the previous poster said, she can get court marshalled. Usually the higher ranking person is the one who would suffer more consequences.

Different branches of the military view it differently also. I understand the Marine Corps is the most strict and the Air Force is the least strict, when it comes to fraternization.

Also, I believe the regulation interprets to say an officer and enlisted member may not date. They are allowed to get married though.

Adultery is also against the UCMJ, so things wouldn't work out so well for the enlisted guy either.

abelsc
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Quoting gigglyann87:

Quoting Aslen:

Oh yeah, they'd make an example out of her because of the rank. Had it been him an officer and her enlisted it'd be the same way.  She's stupid for doing that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)