Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so Angry I Could Cry

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM
  • 40 Replies

My husband started his journey home for leave when the volcano in Iceland erupted, which causes problems because the guys fly from Kuwait to either Germany or Ireland. Well, because neither of these countries are flying, the US looked for other countries to land in so they can refuel, etc. The entire continent of Africa said no. The ENTIRE CONTINENT! The only place that would let them land is Portugal and they wouldn't even let the guys go in their airport! If they wanted to stretch their legs or walk around, they had to do it on the tarmac! After all the aid our country has offered other countries, would it kill them to let a few tired and hungry men stretch their legs and get something to eat?

WTF is wrong with the world!?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2BAgain10
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Thats bull. Id be calling some people.

bluesky51201
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:09 PM

I hope the government remembers this the next time someone has a crisis and starts begging for money and help.

nmjordan
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:19 PM

Quoting bluesky51201:

I hope the government remembers this the next time someone has a crisis and starts begging for money and help.

ITA. That's bullshit. You know Haiti was complaining they didn't get enough help from us? When we were helping, it wasn't fast enough. The government cares about keeping allies and making friends when they should be worried about its own people.

~ Nicole ~
Mom to Brandon, 6-25-06
Proud Navy Wife to Mike

TheeMotimes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:27 PM

I was completely floored when my friend told me about it ( I haven't heard from DH in two days and her DH is higher ranking than mine, so she keeps me informed on stuff I can't get my hands on). She said the guys sat in an airplane for 7 hours in Kuwait while waiting to find somewhere to land. 7 HOURS!

I'm so disgusted with the attitudes of these other countries. It makes me sick.

TippyD
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:34 PM

(((HUGS))) I have a friend in the same situation, she got her 24 hour notice to be told it would probably change..her facebook status was soon changed to stupid volcano..

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:48 PM

Ha. DH was supposed to be home Saturday. It has changed multiple times (most recently 2 hours ago) and we were told it is likely to change some more. DaMn VoLcAnO!!

KrhMsh
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Quoting Mom2BAgain10:

And do what? We don't own other countries, we have no right to bully them into doing what we want. 

@OP: My hubby recently did that trip, and that really sucks the other countries are being douchey!! Unfortunately I doubt Obama even read something so minor in his briefing, so nothing will be done. I'm just glad SOMEONE let them land safely before the fuel situation became a major issue!!

Photobucket

Brittany.Dann
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Thats awful. I have had friends in the Army who have actually been spit on by people in airports. Can you believe that? It just makes me sick to my stomach all together.

MarShy740
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:56 PM

thats bull ugh freaking ppl get me mad

TheeMotimes
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 1:57 PM

LOL. I thought the same thing. Who in the world would I call?

Quoting KrhMsh:

Quoting Mom2BAgain10:

And do what? We don't own other countries, we have no right to bully them into doing what we want. 

@OP: My hubby recently did that trip, and that really sucks the other countries are being douchey!! Unfortunately I doubt Obama even read something so minor in his briefing, so nothing will be done. I'm just glad SOMEONE let them land safely before the fuel situation became a major issue!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)