Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Its happening AGAIN!!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM
  • 29 Replies

I posted before about my DH not calling while out training It usually isnt a big deal he calls all the time but the last few times that he has left he is calling less, and its starting to really bug me.This time he isnt in the middle of no where they are staying at a hotel he said "He just got back from eating and was watching tv"he only called cause i text him we talked earlier and he hung up cause it was loud but he didnt say i love you nothing.and i dont get why hes acting like this.I feel like i always want to talk when hes gone the kids are sleeping and i just wanted to know how his day went i wanted to talk about my day.I was kinda feeling down about some stuff and then he blows me off like that!I kinda feel disrespected and hurt am i over reacting.I know they have long days traning but today was his first day so i dont even know how the rest of the week is going to be!

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangleballlover
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:53 PM

I would just talk to your DH about it. Tell him you know he's had long days but you have to and it just feels like he's blowing you off. You can even compromise and tell him even a 5 minute phone call would suffice just as long as you can rehash your days out to each other and at least say "I love you"

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 19, 2010 at 9:55 PM

DH does that sometimes. Aggravates the crap out of me. I have come to the conclusion that he views it as a vacation away from his hubby duties :/

lupe_wheeler
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:05 PM

I tried talking to him about it before i just want him to understand lol! I always tell him its a vacation cause he doesnt have to deal with at home stuff!!

JSA8914
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:35 PM

My DH does that during training, deployment, etc. I'm fine with it, but I know his reason for it is bc it's hard on him to call and hear DD and not be able to be there, etc.  We still talk, just not as often as other couples.  *hugs* for you, but don't try to read too much into it.

lupe_wheeler
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:47 PM

I was kinda in shock cause this time it felt like he didnt even want to talk i was in the middle of saying something and he started talking to someone else i was like Hello i was just talking and he didnt seem to care!!

JSA8914
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:50 PM

That would be upsetting. all I can say is sorry you are going through that. I hope things get better.

Quoting lupe_wheeler:

I was kinda in shock cause this time it felt like he didnt even want to talk i was in the middle of saying something and he started talking to someone else i was like Hello i was just talking and he didnt seem to care!!

lupe_wheeler
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Quoting JSA8914:

That would be upsetting. all I can say is sorry you are going through that. I hope things get better.

Quoting lupe_wheeler:

Thanks i hope so to!

jmetz4
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:06 AM
That would bug me too. Try not to let it get to you
lupe_wheeler
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 12:27 AM

Thanks i try its just seems hard when hes gone!

amberdy
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 8:49 AM

I get mad when my husband won't talk to me when he's gone, but I try to not get too mad and remember that he is training and they usually have them doing some crazy crap.  Just tell him it's bothering you and you feel like he's being disrespectful.  Good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)