Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Pearl Harbor. Need help...

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM
  • 6 Replies

So we are most likely moving to Pearl Harbor in the next few months. (We get our orders on friday). I'm just curious if anyone knows how strict they are with the number of bedrooms you qualify for for on-base housing. They told us we coud only get 2 bedrooms, but I have heard of people being able to get more. We are in a 3 bedroom right now and have quite a lot of stuff so I would prefer to move to another 3 bedroom. Suggestions?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 19, 2010 at 10:56 PM

No idea. BUMP

jlfarris27
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 1:38 AM

It just depends on how many kids you have, their ages, and gender. And also what they have available at the time you get there. Lucky you- I want Hawaii :P

europemom
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:03 AM

omg i love Hawaii ive been here 6 years, i dont live in militaty housing, but there are pretty flexible, they have very nice housing

MiaTruj
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 2:08 AM

Housing out there is nice  I miss it a whole lot...housing was huge. it was our first place once we got married. but it depends on how many kids you have...hope you enjoy pearl!!! hoping to move back out there again....cant wait for that to happen.

rocknrollgirl70
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:05 AM

im from hawaii and also lived on schofield barracks (army) but navy housing is really nice.. 

rocknrollgirl70
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:09 AM

but unless they dont have any available i think you can get a 3 bedroom.. i know they are remolding houses to all 3 bedrooms and above so..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)