Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Giving DH a haircut

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM
  • 38 Replies

How many of you cut your DH's hair?  Mine is at the PX waiting to get a haircut right now and just texted me about how many people were there and he wished I knew how to do it.  If you do, was it hard to learn how?

by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abeautifulhope
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:25 PM

my dh just gets a buzz cut so it's really easy. lol.

themacs4
by on May. 2, 2010 at 5:29 PM

Quoting abeautifulhope:

my dh just gets a buzz cut so it's really easy. lol.

LOL..Yes, that would be easy!!

Soniam301
by Sonia on May. 2, 2010 at 6:09 PM

It is always busy payday weekend! It is best to go the weekend after payday. My husband shaves his head.

SAHArmywifenmom
by on May. 2, 2010 at 6:11 PM

I cut DH's and DS's hair.  I bought a nice set of clippers and it had a guide included on how to do some of the most common men cuts.  I have been cutting their hair for over 4 years now 

Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2010 at 6:55 PM

When my DH used to get a high and tight I would cut his hair. Now he gets a Medium reg and he gets it cut on base. Right now it sucks because he HAS to have a fresh cut for every Monday. When we move he'll get it done every other week.

AntoinetteF
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:30 PM

I cut my husbands hair and have been doing it for about 8 years.  It takes a while to get the hang of it.  It really saves money though.  We bought a $40 clipper set which is 1 month of haircuts.  When learning, make sure you do it Friday night.  My husbands hair grows really fast so any small mistakes wouldn't show as bad for work on Monday.  Once we got the hang of it we moved it to Sunday afternoons and do fresh ones for any boards, graduations, etc.

abelsc
by on May. 2, 2010 at 7:32 PM

I would only cut the back of DH's hair.  I would get a good line for him and he would fade it in.  But that was only when we were on recruiting duty.  I told him as soon as we got back to a base, he was paying to get it done.  I just didn't want to pay 15 dollars for a haircut that looked like crap.

militarywife09
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:02 PM

His mom does it, but if hes near a base he'll go to the PX

butterflyblu
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:04 PM

If he just wants a buzz all around then I can do that.  Usually he gets a high and tight and I have no clue how to do that and he can't do it on himself so he goes to the PX too. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 2, 2010 at 8:46 PM

I don't. I suck at that kinda thing. DH can cut his own though. He does a good job, too. But he usually goes to the barber. That may change though. I am trying to get him to see that $10 a week adds up to $40-$50 a month for a haircut that he can do at home. It is not easy persuading him though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)