• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A "woe is me" post.

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM
  • 8 Replies

So today my hubby left for his first 1 year deployment, and I just wanna cry sooo bad. I miss him sooo much, and I dont know what Im gonna do without him. I knew this would be hard, but I didnt realize just how hard. I just feel like everything is falling apart, his paycheck didnt go in so they have to send it to us in the mail, and Im already 2 days late on the rent. His last week here got all messed up becasue of this, and I just want it back so I can do everything we had planned. My daughter has to go without her Daddy, and she always cries for him, but then again so do I. I just wanna hug him sooo bad. I am sooo lonely in this house without him. I just wish this would hurry up and be over with. Does it get any easier? Will this scared lonely feeling ever go away? I feel like a big crybaby, and I dont mean to sound whiny, but I just miss him so freaking much!!! What can I do to make this get easier?

Oh and also Ive been wanting another baby, and my BIL's Gf just found out she is pregnant and that is another thing Im upset about. And now Im nauseus, and my boobs hurt and I pissed becasue God just keeps messing with me with being pregnant. My last period was 3 days late but it was normal besides that, so its like am I pregnant or not?

I am so sorry Im being such a baby, but like I said this was kinda a woe is me post. I just had to get it off my chest, and thank you for reading.

army

by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
nmjordan
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Don't beat yourself up for being upset, you have every right to feel that way. It's OK to cry. ((Hugs))

petfamplus3
by on May. 3, 2010 at 4:03 PM

I'm so sorry! With me its our Son who is deployed, and he recently got married like 8 months ago, And she is very jealous of the close relationship he has with I and more so with his Father, So all phone calls and emails must go to her first, and by the time he's done. There is no time for us! I think I am taking it better than I thought but my hubby is not :( especially with his health going down hill. This is also our first deployment, I cry to, I even caught my hubby crying 3 weeks ago. just keep talking to people, Do you have family close? And everyone on here is great too :) Sending hugs to you,hugs

lynhead752
by on May. 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM

Well, I don't think your a big baby - it is hard.  I am military mom - Marine son- he probably will go to Afhganstan soon too.  I am AF vet, was military wife too.   Keep yourself busy-

the nauseus could be stress.  Is there a wives of deployed husbands on your base- go join it.  

Thanks for your service!  Linda in IN

militarywife09
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Thank you, and yes I have family around, his and mine. And Im sorry about your DIL, some can be horrible with that stuff, my cousin's wife sure is.

Quoting petfamplus3:

I'm so sorry! With me its our Son who is deployed, and he recently got married like 8 months ago, And she is very jealous of the close relationship he has with I and more so with his Father, So all phone calls and emails must go to her first, and by the time he's done. There is no time for us! I think I am taking it better than I thought but my hubby is not :( especially with his health going down hill. This is also our first deployment, I cry to, I even caught my hubby crying 3 weeks ago. just keep talking to people, Do you have family close? And everyone on here is great too :) Sending hugs to you,hugs

militarywife09
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:21 PM

No thats whats hard is my hubby is National Guard, so I dont live anywhere near a base.

Quoting lynhead752:

Well, I don't think your a big baby - it is hard.  I am military mom - Marine son- he probably will go to Afhganstan soon too.  I am AF vet, was military wife too.   Keep yourself busy-

the nauseus could be stress.  Is there a wives of deployed husbands on your base- go join it.  

Thanks for your service!  Linda in IN

stretchswife
by on May. 3, 2010 at 7:38 PM

Get involved with your FRG, there should be one for whichever unit he is deployed with.  I don't know what state you are in, but IN National Guard has Family Assistance Centers (FAC) all over the state.  It is different for Guard wives. Anything I can help with, just shoot me a message, we are on our second right now.  ((((HUGS))))

Arctickay
by on May. 4, 2010 at 4:35 AM

Dont worry about the falling appart, it will happen every time, and the only "easier" part about deployments is that you come to forgive yourself faster for staying up all night crying. It's a part of coping and gaining the independence you get when your s/o leaves for a long period of time. My hub's deployed 4 times, 6 months each, with 1 month training "deployments" in between. They suck, and they dont get easier as far as crying is concerned. Heck, I holed myself up in our house for 2 weeks this last deployment.

The best thing you can do is talk as much as you can, and write too!! Always look to more experienced wives/husbands who know more secrets about how to get ahold of your s/o while they're deployed. I didnt find out that I could call my hub once a week until my hub got back from this last deployment, boy was I pissed LoL.

Good luck and invest in lots of pillows you can cuddle with at night. Oh and take lot's and lots of pictures to send over, that always helps. It doesnt even matter what they are of really, so long as you can tell a story and keep in touch with your s/o enough to make them stop and smile. 

<3

petfamplus3
by on May. 4, 2010 at 8:42 AM

Quoting Arctickay:

Dont worry about the falling appart, it will happen every time, and the only "easier" part about deployments is that you come to forgive yourself faster for staying up all night crying. It's a part of coping and gaining the independence you get when your s/o leaves for a long period of time. My hub's deployed 4 times, 6 months each, with 1 month training "deployments" in between. They suck, and they dont get easier as far as crying is concerned. Heck, I holed myself up in our house for 2 weeks this last deployment.

The best thing you can do is talk as much as you can, and write too!! Always look to more experienced wives/husbands who know more secrets about how to get ahold of your s/o while they're deployed. I didnt find out that I could call my hub once a week until my hub got back from this last deployment, boy was I pissed LoL.

Good luck and invest in lots of pillows you can cuddle with at night. Oh and take lot's and lots of pictures to send over, that always helps. It doesnt even matter what they are of really, so long as you can tell a story and keep in touch with your s/o enough to make them stop and smile. 

<3

I love your advice! especially the picture part,simple smile

navyProud Mom Of A Sailor On The Uss Abraham Lincoln

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)