Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTF...

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM
  • 12 Replies

So as all of you know my SO is in PTSD treatment right now. I still haven't spoken to him since last Wednesday and I just got a phone call from one of his friends asking what was going on. She just told me that she spoke to him recently and he told her that it was over between him and I and that he won't be coming home when he gets out of treatment and that he wants to get back together with his ex wife. I'm blindsided. I still haven't talked to him and I'm wondering what the hell is going on. She was offering to three way call him to let me hear him tell her the same things that she just told me, I told her no because I want him to tell me the truth himself. I have no idea if she is telling the truth or what. I'm flabergasted. WTF. I'm just venting...

by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4armycuties
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I'm sorry hun...I hope this is just all a mistake. Stay strong and we're here for you.

armywife41307
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

im so sorry i hope its a mistake as well..

Petite.Amante
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:01 AM

:(  Hopefully it is just stress/PTSD/lies. I have a lot of friends with PTSD and they say things they don't mean, or can't figure out how to say what they really mean. It's a very difficult condition. I wish you the best <3 

shyfox19
by on May. 3, 2010 at 1:23 AM

Thanks. I'm hoping the same. I'm not going to give up on him, no matter what happens. But someone needs to tell me the truth here because this is getting out of hand. Ugh...

Quoting Petite.Amante:

:(  Hopefully it is just stress/PTSD/lies. I have a lot of friends with PTSD and they say things they don't mean, or can't figure out how to say what they really mean. It's a very difficult condition. I wish you the best <3 

101stwife
by on May. 3, 2010 at 3:20 AM

Wow. I am really sorry to hear that. I know he needs his space or whatever but I would want to talk to him and know what the hell is going on. I know that he is the soldier and he is dealing with PTSD but that still doesn't give him the right to treat you like shit. You have a right to know what the hell is going on.

saduncan
by on May. 3, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Wow.  I really hope it's just the PTSD talking and nothing more.  It's a long process that he's going through.  Just be patient.  It's easier to say than to put into action but that is the best thing you can do for now.  Do you know when you are "allowed" to speak with him?  I hope everything gets worked out for you.  :(

brennajoy
by on May. 3, 2010 at 10:57 AM

I would hope he would have enough decency to tell you himself if that were the case. Good luck hun.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 3, 2010 at 11:10 AM

((hugs))

MissG9
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:11 AM

I'm sorry. : (

asaffell
by on May. 3, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Oh mama, that definitely doesn't help this already difficult situation. I do know in a lot of cases of PTSD and severe depressions, people long for things that happened well before they had issues. It might be he's just wanting to go back to SOMETHING before the PTSD and hopefully the counselors can help him deal with this appropriately.

I'll be lifting you both up in prayer. This has got to be so hard.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)