Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

pcsing to bliss from germany. HELPPPPPPP

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:22 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hey guys!

We are currently stationed in Wiesbaden, Germany and my husband is deployed but it looks like he is coming home early so we can pcs to bliss in september. This is not our first move but i want to do it right this time;)

So what happens when we get there? Where do we stay? And does the army pay for it? Is the waitlist really that bad? I heard 8 months for a 3 bedroom...do u know? SO until we get housing what do we do? My husband is an E5 and we will only get 975 BAH is that even close to being enough to live off post? Where should i NOT move to?? Please share your experiences with me!!!! I am also interested in everything else about bliss:)

Thank you soooooooooooooo much!!!

by on May. 24, 2010 at 7:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 24, 2010 at 9:49 AM

Bump.

tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:54 AM

BUMP!

Brittany.Dann
by on May. 24, 2010 at 9:57 AM

We aren't stationed there but I am from TX. As far as the waiting list goes I have no idea but you can call the housing office and ask if you have orders to go there, you can get on the list and what not. $975 should be enough to rent a house or an apartment until housing is available. Good luck!

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 24, 2010 at 11:06 AM

BUMP!

samilynn03
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Hi! We just moved to bliss about 2 weeks ago and we have been on the housing wait list since November and we still have a year and half wait. They have frozen the wait list due to them tearing down and rebuilding new housing. But if you are coming from Germany i would assume that they would have something for you. Many say that the northeast, east and west sides are the best sides to live in El Paso. We live on west side and I love it! It seems really quiet so far! It's really dry and hot and windy at times. My husband is E4 and we have more than enough BAH and we have a nice apartment, but it is a one bedroom. There is a fort bliss groups on here that you can join and ask more questions those ladies really helped me out with all my questions when I moved here :)

BjFuller
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:45 PM

When we moved. I looked online and researched it. It was not where we could stay on post and I think it worked out great. Most places have photos now and make sure if you do sign a lease there is a military clause in so if need be you can get out of your lease.

Love060708kids
by on May. 24, 2010 at 11:47 PM

We are PCSing to Bliss in December =)  I found a house on AHRN.com!  Maybe you could look there =)

xxlilmomma09
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:35 AM

BUMP!

sanderswife001
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:37 AM

We are stationed at bliss.  The wait list is aprox 15 months long... Good Luck!!! Almost every apartment complex is on a waiting list too!! All I have to say, is start early!!!!!

Adorkable87
by on May. 25, 2010 at 1:23 AM

i would look on line at relistate around the base. and before you move in that nabiorhood dont forget to check the sex offenders web sight. i did when i moved in to my apartmen nothing near us. when i found out i was pregnant we checked it again there were 2 rapest, and 3 child melesters living behind our apartment complex, so we moved on base.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)