Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

questions for recruiters?!

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM
  • 22 Replies
my df is going to be calling tomorrow and asking recruiters questions about army marines and national guard. what should he ask????????? i know he will probably need to see them in person to get them all answered but we wanna be pepared. thanks!
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma4vr
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:31 PM
bump
abelsc
by on May. 24, 2010 at 12:33 PM

When he calls just have him say, "I am looking into joining the military and trying to get information about each branch.  Can we make an appointment to talk about my options with (insert branch)?"

momma4vr
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:16 PM
well i know that but speciifics?
Elizajaynesmom
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I think the best way to get any questions answered is to go in person and talk with them. If he has a specific job he would like to do he could always talk about that to see if he;s even qualified for it... 

Michele-w3
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM

Well, I don't know about those branches as we're Air Force and dh is an AF recruiter but I know he qualifies guys and gals before he even makes an appointment.  He has a ton of questions for them like--Age, height, weight, dependants, education, drugs, medical background, law violations...etc.  If he passes those basic questions then my dh usually has them come in to talk.  He has appointments lined up all day and doesn't really have time to answer a hundred questions over the phone.  He rarely answers his own phone because he has so many applicants in his office.  He has a rapper answering phones and making appointments.  So, I don't know how busy your local recruiters office is, but your df may not even get to talk to the recruiter tomorrow.

Whatever happens...good luck!

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 24, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Bump.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 24, 2010 at 4:45 PM

BUMP!

abelsc
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:50 PM

My husband was a Marine recruiter.  We just got off that duty. So he may want to ask specifics, but specifics have to wait until he goes in.  Any recruiter does not have the time to sit on the phone an answer questions all day.  They have phone calls to make, schools to visit, appointments, along with dealing with the day to day of the people they've already recruited.   The best option is to call and set up an appointment.  

Quoting momma4vr:

well i know that but speciifics?

butterflyblu
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I recommend going and talking to each recruiter in person.   He can take a practice ASVAB in the office which will give him an idea what MOS's (jobs) he qualifies for. 

bubbasmom0917
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:28 PM

Did you forget Air Force? Hubby has been AF for going on 12 years and loves it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)