Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just Smelling Him....

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM
  • 15 Replies

The box my husband sent home from Iraq just got here, and in it was a ziplock with a shirt in it. As soon as I opened it I could smell him and even though it wasn't a "just out of the shower" smell, it was him. As soon as the smell hit me so did the tears. So I grabbed a pillow case and shoved it in there and sealed it back up.

In 2 days we will have offically been together for 11 years. I can't think of a better anniversary gift than that.

I know to some it probably sounds weird or gross, but when you have spent that many years with someone, just smelling them brings comfort. At least to me it does.

Anyone else as weird as I am?

by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johariz
by on May. 24, 2010 at 1:54 PM
Yes, i'm just as weird. Whenever my husband would go out to sea i'd always save a shirt he'd been wearing before he left and it smelled like him. I'd sleep with it every night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessiebug27
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:04 PM

i'm that bad too! my DH sent a whole trunk of his stuff home and I kept opening it up and just kept smelling his clothes! I sent him something that smelt like me and he LOVED it! he said he kept it in his pillow! :)

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Nope, you aren't wierd. I love the way my husband smells, and missed it so much the whole last year while he was gone.

Army_Wife41
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:49 PM

I am the same way. DH is going to Korea for a year in the relatively near future. You better believe he will be forced to do something like this for me! lol

I am glad you got to smell him :-) (not to be a creep lol)

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 24, 2010 at 4:51 PM

Aw! That is very sweet!! And a thoughtful gift :) Happy (early) anniversary!!

hobbitswife04
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:08 PM

Oh trust me, I am the same way. I always sleep with the shirt my husband wore the day before he leaves until it stops smelling like him. Its just so comforting.

amberdy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:11 PM

Smell is the best sense to induce memories.  I love the way my husband smells.

MommaSpry
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:36 PM

awww :) I would cry to! its a very sweet think to us that go months without our husbands.

brennajoy
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:24 AM

I so agree! I LOVE the smell of my husband!

lex07
by on May. 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM

I am the exact same way!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)