Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SPACE A... Anybody take the chance?

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM
  • 19 Replies

Hey all,

My hubby and I are planning on taking leave to the US in July (We are stationed in Germany @ Ramstein) and we were hoping we could catch a SPACE A flight to the states. We have never done this before and have no idea where to even start. Has anyone ever taken a Space A flight just for leave, is that allowed? What has your luck been getting on a plane when your only in a Leave category? Any help would be great!! :)

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangleballlover
by on May. 24, 2010 at 3:05 PM

Bump - my DH has mentioned this but we've never left the states as a family so I have NO clue.

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 24, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Bump.

amberdy
by on May. 24, 2010 at 4:42 PM

We've never done it, but I'd be too nervous to do.  I've heard horror stories.

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 24, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I have never flown. Ever. :)

BUMP

butterflyblu
by on May. 24, 2010 at 5:40 PM

BUMP!  We've never been stationed overseas.  We looked into it in the states and basically DH's NCO said don't waste your time.  But it might be different coming from overseas to the states. 

MommaSpry
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:30 PM

BUMP

gabsmome
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:50 PM

be prepared to take plenty of leave you can get bumped at the last minute. also dont plan you leave like a regualr flight make sure it plan according

saduncan
by on May. 24, 2010 at 6:54 PM

It really depends on where you are going.  Take an extra week of leave for the "just in case".  We just got back from taking a hop to the states and back (we're stationed in Spain).  If I can answer anything a little more specifically, I'll do my best!

hope4emma
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:34 PM

My Dh did a SpaceA flight this past spring.  It was the first time he tried it in 15 years of service!  (he's a pilot though....).  He wasn't sure he was going to get on the plane and everything was "last minute".  He flew from DC to AZ.  Good luck!!  I hope it all works out for you!  :)

101stwife
by on May. 25, 2010 at 7:35 AM

We are in Germany too and are taking a Space A flight at the end of June to go back to the States for 3 weeks. You guys will be a Category 3 and the guy at Ramstein said that they have flights to the States everyday and will be no problem. We have a family of 6.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)