Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

home coming

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

my husband will be coming home from are first deployment and i just don't no what to expect im   so nervous.I don't live on base and have been through this whole deployment alone so I'm just wondering how will i no when i need to be at the base to pick him up I'm so worried he will arrive and i wont no. Thank you for any help i don't no why I'm so nervous i just want are homecoming to be perfect :)

by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Brittany.Dann
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

FRG should contact you to let you know when he will be back and when to head to pick him up. You should make him a sign and stuff. Just be prepared for him to re adjust. Sometimes it takes a while. Be patient and supportive. Good luck!

lovingwifey
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:32 PM

Call the FRG.  They will  let you know and give you a number to call for the flight (it does change!) My hubby came home an hour ealry!  I was calling that number every 30 mins. lol.  I bought a homecoming outfit, and a spec shirt for my son that said welcome home daddy, he was 5 months old.  I got a banner made that said the same thing and hung that up outside, I also bought a cake.  

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

We got emails letting us know when they are coming, and we also have a squadron hotline that we can call for updates; I have no idea how anyone else does it.

Don't have expecations of a "perfect" homecoming; it is basically a set up for disappointment. There are almost certainly delays, a lot of time spent waiting wherever you do pick him up, and he can be grumpy as a bear from being so tired from the trip home. *And don't take his attitude personally, it is just a long trip, lol! DH was happy to see us, and happy to be home, but all he wanted to do was go home, take a shower and go to bed. I made him some snacks while he was in the shower to have before bed, but that was our first homecoming. The only thing "perfect" about it was I was able to get into bed with him beside me. (Our second was a little more eventful, but I was in the hopsital in labor, lol)

CONGRATS on the homecoming!!

butterflyblu
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:44 PM

I'll send you a PM.  Our hubby's are in the same unit.  :)

MarShy740
by on May. 26, 2010 at 12:49 PM

Trust me being nervous is okay...I was soo nervous the first time seeing my SO I was stuck in Flordia cause I had our son early while on Vaction (Meanwhile we live in SC) But so my in-laws saw him before me but when he came home that weekend I didnt know what to say or do!!!! I would spend the whole day there so u wont be late lol..Im sure they have a playground somewhere near by....Or something sorry if no help

Je_Jette_Poo
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:25 PM

Nobody contacted me the first time he came home.... he just called me when he was at the airport before he got home and told me when to be there

hobbitswife04
by on May. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

Being nervous is ok. Its a totally normal emotion in this situation. You should have an FRG to contact and they can let you know.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)