Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you jealous???

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

I just gotta vent so stick with me. I also want your honest opinion. I have been feeling extremely jealous lately and I don't really know why. My husband and I got a fb this week. We have been married for 17 years. He is EXTREMELY HOT.  I know this. His friend posted a normal pic of him on his stuff and some girl started talking about how hot he is. I was furious. Yes, he is hot and I know it but I do not want someone else talking about it. She can think it all she wants but posting it is something else. I never get comments like that. Why am I so jealous? Is it because I have a 5 inch scar up my stomach from colon surgery that was done in Germany where the doctors do not care what the scar looks like. It is so ugly. I don't know. I just hate feeling like this. My husband thinks I should be flattered that someone said that. I am in a way. He says that it makes him feel good and it should. I kinda just don't understand why when I tell him he looks good it doesn't matter. I think I just need to go shopping and get some more flattering clothes then I might feel better. Shopping cures all. lol. Thanks for listening. I feel better now.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Double.L
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:54 AM

I am jealous when it comes to my DH, we both are. We share a facebook.  I would not be OK with another women saying hes hot on his picture and he and she would know it. Make the settings private and discuss not adding female friends you don't know if it bothers you. You should feel secure and confident with yourself too. No amount of confidence is going to keep me from being jealous but I take care of and do things for myself for me...we deserve it! :)

hobbitswife04
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:14 AM

No, I'm not a jealous person.  Something like that really wouldn't bother me, honestly, but I can see where it could bother someone else.

Jennyfurs27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:19 AM
I see where your coming from. I'm still overweight from having a baby and am feeling... well not the hottest. And my husband is a hottie still so I do get in a funk. And honestly shopping always cures me... for a lil until I need to do more haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themacs4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:25 AM

I can see how you would be upset about it.  It would probably bother me for a sec and then I'd move on.  Take yourself shopping today!!!  :)

brennajoy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Not a jealous person but I don't blame you for feeling a little upset.

jlfarris27
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Well, she is not his friend- she is a friend of his friends. The post is not on his account but on his friends, which is why I cannot comment on it. We do not have friends of the oppossite sex on our fb unless the other one approves it first. We have just always been that way out of respect for each other. Thank you all for the responses. I feel better.

Quoting Double.L:

I am jealous when it comes to my DH, we both are. We share a facebook.  I would not be OK with another women saying hes hot on his picture and he and she would know it. Make the settings private and discuss not adding female friends you don't know if it bothers you. You should feel secure and confident with yourself too. No amount of confidence is going to keep me from being jealous but I take care of and do things for myself for me...we deserve it! :)

bramamber
by Amber on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM
This

Quoting brennajoy:

Not a jealous person but I don't blame you for feeling a little upset.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:32 AM

Yeah, I get jealous of DH sometimes. He can lose 5lbs a day without breaking a sweat :/

amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 11:53 AM

I might be a little jealous if it were someone I didn't know, but not that much.  I, too, know that my husband is hot and I pimp out his 6 pack pictures all the time, LOL.  If my friends or sister comment, it doesn't bother me, but I guess it would if it were some strange woman I didn't know.  If it's bothering you that much, can you ask him to ask his friend to remove the picture?

Oh, and retail therapy works wonders.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Jun. 3, 2010 at 12:01 PM

I guess my husband's reaction would determine if I were jealous or not. (But for the record, my husband isn't exactly "hot" ;-) LOL)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)