Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WTH? I am not sure what to do now? (vent)

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM
  • 101 Replies

I have been talking to hubby about me going back active duty, he seemed fine with it!  Well apparently he is not ok with it now?  I have been working my butt off to pass wight and tape.  It is just a waiting game now.  Hubby told me he does not want me to go back active duty.  I got out after I had the twins 11 weeks early.  Well now what do I do?  I really want to go back in, he knows that.  H told me he wants me to stay home with the kids, (they will all be in school in august) I will not stay home.  I really want this.  We can not really talk about it right now since he is at NTC he will be home weds.  I do not like being told what to do, ecsp by my husband, he needs to support me, but he will not and to me that proves that he does not really care about me at all.  

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:57 PM

I don't really know what to say. You going active duty would affect the whole family, you know? So it just depends on whether you're willing to find a compromise here. Good luck!

mrsjones2207
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

wow...from what you've posted before it seemed like he was in agreement. i wonder why the change...have you asked? Your gonna have to have his support to go back in because w/o it its gonna be hard. Give him a few days and then have a sit down with him on the issue. I pray it works out for you momma. GL

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:58 PM

The kids would understand, it would benefit our family more thats for sure.

Quoting asaffell:

I don't really know what to say. You going active duty would affect the whole family, you know? So it just depends on whether you're willing to find a compromise here. Good luck!

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I am assuming because he is at NTC he is getting ready to deploy soon? Maybe that is what gave him the change of heart?

I would step back and breath! There are a lot of things that can be going through his mind that none of us can tell you. Is he telling you not to get a job or just not to join the military?

Wait til he gets home when you can talk face to face. GL!

themacs4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

I just wanted to say Good Luck and hopefully when he gets home from NTC you guys can sit down and talk it out.  Have you thought about the Reserves?

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:59 PM

Thank you, I really have no idea what happend!  He was supporting me and now he is not, maybe he thought I would not lose the weight so he was just pretending to support me?

Quoting mrsjones2207:

wow...from what you've posted before it seemed like he was in agreement. i wonder why the change...have you asked? Your gonna have to have his support to go back in because w/o it its gonna be hard. Give him a few days and then have a sit down with him on the issue. I pray it works out for you momma. GL

Adamsmommy1608
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

Okay is there a way you both can work this out, I got out almost 2 years ago. Have you thought about maybe the National Guard or Reserves? Maybe the Active Reserve? I wish I was more help, personally, I miss it and want to go back in sometimes, but I really like being a S@HM.

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:00 PM

How old are the kiddos? From what you put about 5? They might not be as understanding as you think to have mommy and daddy gone...just a thought.

Quoting lovingwifey:

The kids would understand, it would benefit our family more thats for sure.

Quoting asaffell:

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM

They are not deploying, they went out there to help train.  There is no other job I want to do and he knows that. 

Quoting Soniam301:

I am assuming because he is at NTC he is getting ready to deploy soon? Maybe that is what gave him the change of heart?

I would step back and breath! There are a lot of things that can be going through his mind that none of us can tell you. Is he telling you not to get a job or just not to join the military?

Wait til he gets home when you can talk face to face. GL!

lovingwifey
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:01 PM

I was reserves first and hated it! lol.  I am sure it will work out though.

Quoting Adamsmommy1608:

Okay is there a way you both can work this out, I got out almost 2 years ago. Have you thought about maybe the National Guard or Reserves? Maybe the Active Reserve? I wish I was more help, personally, I miss it and want to go back in sometimes, but I really like being a S@HM.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)