Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My heart is breaking....** update**

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM
  • 22 Replies

for a family we know. My soon to be SIL's cousin has a daughter thats about 7 months younger than mine, meaning she's not quite 4 yet. The end of last year she was diagnosed with a brain tumor, and they found out after a biopsy that it was cancer. Well she's being undergoing chemo and different treatments since then. She had a shunt put in to drain fluid off her brain a couple months ago. Well, about 2 weeks ago she started going down hill. They did a new surgery on her shunt because it wasn't draining as fast as it needed to, then they found bleeding in the drainage site. Then they did more scans that revealed the cancer had spread. I got a call from my SIL last friday saying that they had given her 3 weeks to live. There wasn't much else they could do. They stopped chemo because it wasn't working, and the other treatments they couldn't do because of the bleeding.

Well, I got an email (i'm on the mailing list) from her stepdad on FB a little while ago. The Hospice nurse has called the family in, she said it won't be long now. My heart is absolutely breaking for this family, for this mother. I can't imagine watching my child fade away like that, watching her go through that. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. This is a rough time for everyone, especially them.

** this morning around 1am, Ashleigh went on home to heaven.  Please keep her family in your prayers.

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM

That is so sad.

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:54 PM

So sad...you all are in my prayers...

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:55 PM

That is so sad.  I can't even imagine either.  Poor family.

xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:57 PM

This is very sad. My thoughts are with your SIL's cousin and y'alls family. I can not imagine the pain of losing a child. I will definitely be praying

tangleballlover
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:59 PM

:(( They are in my thoughts.

NickLukeandEmma
by Courtney on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:03 PM

They are in my thoughts and prayers. I can't even imagine. That is so heart breaking.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:33 PM

I am so sorry! I could never even imagine what they are having to deal with right now. I will be praying for them.

themacs4
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Oh my!  That is so so sad!!  You guys will be in my prayers!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:40 PM

That is so very sad. I'm sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

hobbitswife04
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 8:38 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)