• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Called in question...PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM
  • 8 Replies

I have a quick question, you ladies seem to be a wealth of information.  :D 

This is my husband's weekend off (they are on a Panama schedule).  They've been a bit busy here as of late and the Shift Chief told my husband's shift they MIGHT have to come in on one or two of their days off.  Fine, no big deal.  He was not put on hard stand by nor was he placed on the weekend schedule before he left work Thursday night.  No one called yesterday to tell him to come in at all.  This morning we got up to go out and take care of a few errands and when we got back there was a missed call from work.  I told DH to go ahead and call in, we don't need to deal with anymore petty BS involving work.  So he calls and they ask where the hell he is.  Um...home?  Apparently they called at 10 this morning while we were out and again at noon (still out) wanting to know why he wasn't at work at 7 this morning.  As he told them, he was not notified yesterday nor was he told Thursday he HAD to come in.  He's not waiting to talk to the Shirt who apparently isn't in his office.  My question is, can he get paperwork for this?  We have a string of issues with his Shirt and CO and really can't afford for anything else to be an issue (the CO told the last Shirt that my husband was an easy target to be made an example of...LONG story, hubby hasn't done anything wrong and we are looking into an IG because of all of this shit).  I'm so stressed out with all of this.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
247stepmom
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 9:58 AM

It is my understanding that getting paperwork truly depends on the person issuing paperwork. It isn't a "set in stone" kind of thing, but the opinion and desire of the issuer.  Sounds to me like your DH must start staying 1 step ahead of them with everything.  He should initiate the confirmation of when and where they want him. If he wasn't called - then he needs to cover his butt with "I spoke to so-and-so and they told me he would call me by Xam if I was to come in.  Otherwise I was not being called in."   Hope he can stay out of the target site.  Good Luck

-Mattel-
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Honestly they can write paperwork if they want to. They can over anything is seems. 

My husband also works Panama and when they are told they *may* get called in he has his cell phone with him at all times. He makes sure he is able to be contacted. 

bramamber
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM
They can donoaper work if they want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Amber on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:15 PM
They can do paper work if they want to.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brittany.Dann
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:18 PM

They can always do paperwork if they want to. He can also get in trouble for not having his cell phone on him when they pretty much told him he is on call.

MommaSpry
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:38 PM

bump

saduncan
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:31 PM

They're not required to have a cell here.  A lot of people don't.  If they require a cell phone, they have to pay for it.  It was only "speculated" that his shift may have to come in.  He went in for a few hours this afternoon but the problem fell to his Shift Chief who was yet again complacent with whom he did and did not tell to actually come in.  Half the time they don't even know who is working or not that day.  This place is a joke.  Luckily everything got cleared up.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:33 PM

I am glad tings got cleared up!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)