Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

visit to L&D last night!(sorry kinda long)

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM
  • 4 Replies

i feel so freaking stupid! i was cooking dinner and i was rinsing out the noodles i thought i drained all the water out, so i put the noodles back in the pot i was cooking and as i walked back i slipped on water that i didn't know spilled out of the bottom. i ended up doing the splits the front and back ones not the side one and slammed down on my right knee really hard resulting me jamming my lower body along with it. i slid the rest of my body to the ground so i can relax and slowly get up, i was so upset at myself to calm down i took a shower that always gets me to calm down. when i got out i finally had a clear head and i remembered reading something somewhere where if i fall no matter what kind of a fall i should call L&D so i did. the nurse told me she doesn't think i need to come in because i didn't hit my abdomen but she'll talk to the Dr to make sure... sure enough he wanted me to come in, because i am RH negative, so i went in about 915pmish and got hooked up they monitored contractions and Madison she has such a strong heart beat so once they were sure she was fine they took her off the monitor. and continued monitoring contractions which  i wasn't having, they took blood twice but 3 woman tired one of them couldn't get my vain she diged i hate when they do that. They kept me for 4 hours making sure the fall didn't cause a bleed or jilted the placenta. when i left they gave me the Rhogam shot as a precaution... i bruised my knee bad!!! but Madison is ok kicking me as i type! lol but oh boy what a night!

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
mommy_10
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 4:48 PM

glad things went ok for u...but next time be more careful..

xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:27 PM

Gotta love L&D. Glad to hear things are ok for you and your baby!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM

I am glad the wee one is okay and you did not seriously hurt yourself!

themacs4
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:56 PM

Glad you and the baby are ok!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)