Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had the best day!

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM
  • 6 Replies

I had such a wonderful day with my DH and just wanted to share.  The boys were with my grandmother today so they could go to vacation bible school so we had a whole day to ourselves.  We went to lunch, did some shopping.  I got new dishes to match our kitchen decor and two super cute dresses. 

Then we went to The Big House museum this afternoon.  My favorite band of all time is the Allman Brothers Band and DH knew I couldn't wait to see the finished product.  Last summer we were at a local restaurant and ran into the guy who was heading up the restoration and he invited us to see the house.  It was bare bones, only the remodeling had been done and I followed the updates and stalked Facebook for pictures, lol.  So, DH surprised me and we took a trip over to it.  He laughed when I ran into the project manager again and we was giving me a run down of the summer activities.  And I was in heaven looking at ABB pictures and talking about everything, it was so fun!

Then we went to dinner at this wonderful Mennonite restaurant. I introduced DH to it nine years ago just after we got married and he's been in love with it ever since.  The food is amazing and they are so friendly.  We went over to the store and bought some bread and some peach jam and laughed on the way home about how we can never walk out of there empty handed.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband.  We have so much fun together and we're having such a great time going back to our favorite places and knowing that we have much longer than two weeks now to do what we want.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
themacs4
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Sounds like you had a great time!!!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:58 PM

Glad you had such a good day!

DevilInPigtails
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 10:34 AM

smileGlad you had a great time. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Sounds like such a good time. Glad you got to enjoy that.

fairymom2316
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 11:58 AM

Aww, that's great!!!

bramamber
by Amber on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM
Sounds like a great day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)