Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting for that phone call! Update! He's HOME!

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 AM
  • 18 Replies

Hubby has been on his way back from afghanistan for a few days now. I'm so excited, he's coming home early with a bunch of people so it's been very unorganized. I'm on bedrest from premature labor, and in germany, which is partly why he's coming home now. The 1st Sgt and my FRL have been updating me more than others just because of our situation. They said the next call would be to tell me what time to be at the hanger! I'm getting exited, my friends are gonna wheel me in there in my wheel chair since I'm not allowed to walk around, I'm a little embarrassed, but so excited that he will be here and that I managed to keep the baby this long. (went into labor at 24 weeks) I know that once he gets here I will be so much more relaxed and hopefully can keep the baby in a while longer! Please pray that he has a safe flight. I'm gonna take some pics of the homecoming ceremony. This is our 3rd deployment but first homecoming in germany, not sure what its gonna be like compared to the states. I'm debating making a sign, or maybe I will just decorate my wheelchair LOL. 

I got the call! Can't wait, it's just a little longer! I will take pics and post when I can unwrap my arms from around him long enough to. 

He's home, I am so relaxed now. I know everything is going to be ok now. I will post the homecoming pictures when i get them, some friends took them on a couple different cameras.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tiff503
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Congrats..I am waiting on my husband to return from Afghan in Germany too..But we have a little less than two months to go now..

AirForceMom1987
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Congrats to you unfortunitly my friend took DH me and our baby to the airport to drop off DH for his first deployment yesterday... It has been soooo hard today and the day has hardly begun....

cheffiecms
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:20 AM

It's coming up for you too, and then I'll be asking you for some homecoming pics! 

Quoting tiff503:

Congrats..I am waiting on my husband to return from Afghan in Germany too..But we have a little less than two months to go now..

cheffiecms
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:25 AM

Awe, I'm sorry, I was like that for a couple days our first deployment too. I moped around and stayed in bed for a couple days. But then, got up and got moving and stayed as busy as I possibly could. Our first deployment was 15 months, it felt like forever but we got through it and you will too. This past deployment has been super easy because my husband had a cell phone I could call in emergencies (calling was super expensive) or I could text. I used an old phone and put prepaid minutes on it and text him every morning and sometimes throughout the day. It makes such a difference when you can talk to them all the time. Communication is getting better and better so I'm sure you're hubby should have decent internet at least and you can get on the webcam with him. We have it so much easier now than wives 50+ years ago who just waited on letters that rarely came if they ever came at all. How long is his deployment supposed to be, and how old is your baby? 

Quoting AirForceMom1987:

Congrats to you unfortunitly my friend took DH me and our baby to the airport to drop off DH for his first deployment yesterday... It has been soooo hard today and the day has hardly begun....

amberdy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:55 AM

Very exciting.  My husband should be coming home in the next few months.

victoriousmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:11 AM

How exciting!  I say decorate the chair!!!

victoriousmommy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:12 AM

Forgot to add, you're doing awesome!  I also had preterm labor and it is so hard to deal with.  Good job Mama!

daspencer08
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:10 AM

Yes, you are doing great girl! I'm sure everything will be fine... I will be thinking about ya. Be sure to put up those pics!! My hubby will be joining in Sept. so our journey is just beginning. It will be a very different life for me. I'm glad yours is getting to come home and be with you. And I wish you the best!

tiff503
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I have a friend that does photography over here and she is going to be there taking pis at the homecoming so I should have some good ones..lol..My hubby doesn't know it though..

Quoting cheffiecms:

It's coming up for you too, and then I'll be asking you for some homecoming pics! 

Quoting tiff503:

MommaSpry
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:11 PM

So glad he's coming home early for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)