• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Quick ? Daughter leaving for boot camp in 15 days

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM
  • 13 Replies

My ? is .. She leaves on July12th ... will we get to see her on the 11th or will they have her busy doing stuff .... ? The reason am asking is we were going to go up where she is leaving from on the 10th and stay til she lefted .but if we are not going to get to see her am not sure what we are going to do ? any help or advice ? She is Navy if that helps ..

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxlilmomma09
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Normally they go through MEPS and such and are pretty busy with in processing stuff. I was not allowed to see my ex, nor was my family allowed to see my brother before he shipped off.. So I am not to sure.

tushpush1966
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM

I know that when my Girl was getting ready to go off to boot camp the Marine Corp had her very busy before She left. Now  wether or not the Navy dose the same I could not say, so just pray and you'll be fine.good luck

tushpush1966
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:15 PM

BUMP!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jun. 27, 2010 at 7:44 PM

BUMP!

amberdy
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:21 PM

I'm guessing she will be busy at MEPS and you won't be able to see her.  You'd be better off saying your good-byes before she leaves.

kanakake
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:52 PM

When I went through MEPS (I am Navy) while I was very busy on the day I left my mom along with other families were there waiting in the lobby they had. Our families were allowed to come into the room and watch us get sworn in and take our oath. I was able to sit with her and talk for a little bit right before I shipped off. There was a person that came and told us to say our goodbyes, that it was time for us to head to the airport. Now that was 5 years ago so I dont know if anything has changed. the only thing I remember about the day before shipping out is going to the hotel for the night, so I cant really help you on that one. Tell her I said good luck and if she or you have any questions I will try to help as best I can

A.M.smomma
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Depending on how far her MEPS station is, she may have 2 stay @ a hotel the night before her in processing. In which case, is the 12th the day she goes 2 MEPS, or the day she has 2 check into the hotel. Either way, the day BEFORE shouldn't b an issue. Even if she's goin 2 MEPS on the 12th n has 2 stay @ the hotel the night b4. Once they check into the hotel (by around 6 usually) they may have a briefing as to what 2 expect that night and the following day, and 4 them 2 take accountability and explain the rules n whatnot. Shouldn't take too long. After that, they're given a curfiew (I wanna say 10 or 11 ish).
But if she doesn't have 2 be @ the hotel @ all, or doesn't have 2 be @ the hotel til the 12th, then the 11th should be wide fricken open.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kittylove86
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:29 PM

When I left from MEPS, my parents came to the center after they got dressed for the day and were able to sit in the waiting room with me.  There was a family waiting room and if they needed me they justs came and got me from there!

Navygurl76
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:06 PM

That is the day I started BC 16 yrs ago!!! That is awesome... From what I remember I spent the day/night at MEPS on the 11th and then we flew to Orlando early, early the next so you probably won't get a chance to see her. But Good Luck to her and to you! :)

Quoting tweetyfan:

My ? is .. She leaves on July12th ... will we get to see her on the 11th or will they have her busy doing stuff .... ? The reason am asking is we were going to go up where she is leaving from on the 10th and stay til she lefted .but if we are not going to get to see her am not sure what we are going to do ? any help or advice ? She is Navy if that helps ..

tanyavb
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:48 PM

When I left for boot camp my whole family met me at the airport after all my MEPS stuff was done.  Every situation is different I think you should ask the recruiter who placed her, she is still his responsibility until she departs.  Hope this helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)