Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I love it when...

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM
  • 26 Replies

A person asks for advice, but has a preconcieved notion of what they actually want to hear-and will reject anything but. LOL

I'm in a USMC Gals support group on facebook. It's not really a support group, actually. It's a bunch of really young, immature ladies who happen to be dating Marines. Whether it's been a week, or a few months-they have a lot to learn about life. And, for most of them, the military.

This girls posts something like, "I'm at my breaking point, I can't take it anymore, I don't even think I want to be with him anymore." Then she went on to talk about how he is deployed to Japan, and hasn't called in awhile, but texts all the time on his Iphone. And, she has anxiety attacks, but he doesn't know because he hasn't called. (Like, she couldn't tell him in an email, or a text? Seriously, welcome to the military life, make the resources you have, work.) She wrote him a very mean email on his facebook about it-regretted it in the morning, and hacked his account to delete it. Then saw emails to other girls discussing their relationship. And, said she wanted to keep their relationship between them , and only them. And, that she thinks he thinks their relationship is a joke. blah blah balh

I simply pointed out the irony of that statement-while she was there, sharing all of the itnimate details of their relationship with strangers...I mean. Uh, ok. And, you can't be mad at him for not knowing something, if you haven't told him-and can. He's deployed, if you can't get a phone call, well, welcome to military life. I said, she should see a therapist for her anxiety attacks, and to see if she has depression. I told her to change the wa they communicate because if they just get mad and freak out on each other, it's not healthy. Etc.

A group of children jumped down my throat because I didn't say soemthign like, "It will be okay. IT's okay that you hacked his account, talk about your relationship-but think he shouldnt, that you anxiety attacks are normal, and that she was in the right getting upset that he hasn't called on a deployment" LOL

Seriously, these girls are so effin immature. And, they violate OPSEC like, every post. I've been a "member" for like, three days, and I've had to email about 20 girls to take down countdowns to their boyfriends arrival from deployments.

What's even more scary..they replied with..."well, my boyfriend posted that on his facebook, so I thought it was ok."

Ugh. I'm just annoyed right now. And, I needed to vent someplace where there are more mature women, than immature. Shit.

And, there is no combination of words I could say...

But, I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together.
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
asaffell
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:56 AM

Haha, you're a better woman than me. I won't join stuff like that because I don't feel like dealing with it.

militarywife09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:04 AM

Wow it sounds like some people want the perks of being a Military wife, or spouse, or whatever, but not the bad parts of it. They sound like really great people on there. And why do people expect other people to baby them, when they just bitch? Sorry Im not gonna baby you, suck it up!!! Ok now my rant is over lol

armynursetoddler girla_25-1.png surviving deployment image esmith52323

MissG9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I just unjoined it.

I cannot stand these annoying youngin's.

Quoting asaffell:

Haha, you're a better woman than me. I won't join stuff like that because I don't feel like dealing with it.

MissG9
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:21 AM

Yea, that's me. I'm not going to sugar coat advice, or tell you what you want to hear. What the hell do I look like, a stepford wife?

Then I had gone to her page (which, by the way, has 4 countdowns)...and all of these girls that had attacked me where like, "Yea, she's a bitch for saying those things, blah blah balh"...and she was responding with "Oh, I know.I just can't imagine my life without him, blah blah balh"...well, maybe refrain, in the future, from saying things like, "I don't think I want to be with him."

Annnnoying.

She's one of those girlfriends, that will never be anything more than that-a girlfriend. Too much fuckin' drama. Stressful enough for these guys, but having to deal with a girl who hacks your accounts, freaks out because you don't call enough on a deployement, and gets upset when you don't know the things they don't tell you. LOL

Seriously, that website made every girl in this group, look sane. And, I don't even dislike anyone in here as much as I used to. LOL

Quoting militarywife09:

Wow it sounds like some people want the perks of being a Military wife, or spouse, or whatever, but not the bad parts of it. They sound like really great people on there. And why do people expect other people to baby them, when they just bitch? Sorry Im not gonna baby you, suck it up!!! Ok now my rant is over lol

tangleballlover
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:21 AM

Sooner or later the guys realize they are dating an idiot.

Also...apparently a lot of soldiers have been violating OPSEC lately. More soldiers than their significant others.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:23 AM

I think I could have some fun with them.... *insert evil laugh*

SarahJean70
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:31 AM
Oh, it happens here, too. I would honestly like for someone to tell me why you can respond to a post with a logical, well-reasoned response, gathered from years of experience, only to have it overlooked for one that starts "well, girl, my neighbor's bf told me so it must be this way!"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themacs4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:44 AM

Reminds me of here!!  Not this group, but other ones one here!!

LOL

amberdy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 AM

LOL, some people just can't handle the truth.

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:05 AM

I have seen and heard about the soldiers violating OPSEC a lot lately too...Even reported one, (I told him first, gave him a few days to fix it, he didn't...)

Quoting tangleballlover:

Sooner or later the guys realize they are dating an idiot.

Also...apparently a lot of soldiers have been violating OPSEC lately. More soldiers than their significant others.

toddler girlbaseballplaying soccer girl

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)