Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What can I make with this?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

I have 2- 2 1/2lbs pork shoulder, and I do not know what I can make with it. I made BBQ with the other half of it, so I would like to try something different. Anyone have any ideas?

Photobucket

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:00 AM

cut it up and make a soup...Sorry, cooking is not my thing! I would have made it all BBQ and then froze it for later! LOL!

abelsc
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:18 AM

I wish I could find the recipe. My sister did this awesome pork with a jezebel sauce.  I'll try to find the recipe for you.  DH is really picky and really liked it.

BlueCollarMama
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Go to foodnetwork.com or allrecipes.com and type in pork shoulder... so many good things come up!

Semper!
Polly
Proud Marine/Army Wife and WAHM of 5!

saduncan
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Sorry, Doodle left the charm.  lol  Find a jerk marinade (we use a store bought Caribbean one) and put it in the crock pot with the pork (whole or chunked, either way is fine).  Add a little chicken broth and some pineapple juice (with chunks or rings) and a little molasses.  I add part of a bottle/can of light beer to mine and let it cook for about 3-4 hours.  Closer to dinner time, make up some rice.  In a separate pot, mix light or heavy cream with a little chicken broth and butter.  Add cornstarch (just enough to thicken).  As it starts to thicken, add some of the "juice" from the crock pot to the cream.  Put the pork over the rice and cover in the cream sauce.  We serve ours with a little grilled pineapple on top.

Jennifer.M
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM

You can go to allrecipes.com and look up recipes by ingredients. 

mandaschelle
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:26 AM

kailua pork  a hawaiian tradtion revamped for the slow cooker get the recipe from allrecipe.com. you serve it with white rice

alt019045
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM

best recipe for pork roast.....well atleast in my house it is, lol

slice a onion thinly, place in the bottom of a crock pot, place pork on top

in a bowl mix together:

1 cup hot water

2 tbsp sugar

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp ketchup

1/2 tsp black pepper

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic

pour over pork and cook in crock pot for 6-8 hours.  flip halfway through

we serve it with veggies and mashed potatoes with gravy made from th juices....we're having it next weekend but it sounds so good we might be having it this weekend instead, lol

enjoy!

KrhMsh
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:29 AM

You could do it like a pork roast and in the crock pot. 

Cut it up, toss it in a skillet with w/ some veggies & spice then serve over rice.

Put it in a food processor with some spices and make meatballs for spaghetti

Put it in a food processor and make burgers (or chili)

Ideas are limitless! :)

Crazy_Daze
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I'd make pulled pork with it, but you said you already made BBQ, so I guess that's out! You can never have too much pulled pork! : D

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:40 AM

So many good ideas! I am going to have to try them all now! Thanks :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)