Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

red cross question?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM
  • 13 Replies

Say you are stationed in Germany and their is a medical emergency (a BiG one) here state side, would you have to pay for youre ticket.  Youre husband is deployed.  What would they do?  I need to know asap!

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarinah
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:25 AM

yes we have to pay for your own ticket, however you are eligible for an AER loan!

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:32 AM

Thank you, well I feel bad for my sister than she may have to come home immediately.  

Quoting tarinah:

yes we have to pay for your own ticket, however you are eligible for an AER loan!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:50 AM

BUMP!

kristinlimon
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:51 AM

If a red cross message is sent the red cross or unit MAY pay for it.  That or she can space a it back stateside but unless he has emergency orders it may be a pain in the ass right now.

xxlilmomma09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:56 AM

The Red Cross or the branch of service may pick up the tab.. but you have to pay them back I believe within a year

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:19 PM

She will find out then.  We will know today if she needs to come home.  I am praying she does not have to come home though. 

Quoting xxlilmomma09:

The Red Cross or the branch of service may pick up the tab.. but you have to pay them back I believe within a year

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:20 PM

Bump.

TippyD
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:46 PM

depending on what the emergency is, the deployed member can get emergency leave*and depends on the command! dh was given emergency leave when one of the guys he grew up with passed away, we were SHOCKED! they were getting ready to deploy in about a week and they still gave him the Emergency leave!* anyways, we would have the money for both dd and I to fly out, *if we ever got stationed overseas we would make sure we had enough money set aside for at LEAST two emergency trips home for all of us a year!! better safe than sorry, kwim?*  best of luck

TippyD
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:47 PM

btw, hope everything gets situated/fix/ turns out ok!!

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:31 PM

I am sure everything will be fine.  It is my mom.  We find out today if she needs open heart surgery.  She is on dialasys so that makes it even more dangerous, that is why my sister would need to cocme home asap.  SInce they would do the surgery in three weeks. 

Quoting TippyD:

btw, hope everything gets situated/fix/ turns out ok!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)