Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about having my niece stay with me for the year

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hi--

I am having my niece stay with me for the school year is there anything I need beside power of attorney? Her parent is deploying and she will only be with us until the school year is over.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jmetz4
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 12:52 PM

BUMP!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Bump.

omerciful1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:20 PM

Temporary legal guardianship papers, Health care POA- i think that is it.

Ms.Tamara
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:23 PM

thank you

new2this09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Medical/Tricare cards, possibly copy of birth certificate, social security card possibly, any paperwork/documents for school, etc.

Having POA should about cover it, but it's nice to have as much documentation as you can...

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:33 PM

BUMP!

Ms.Tamara
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:44 PM

Quoting new2this09:

Medical/Tricare cards, possibly copy of birth certificate, social security card possibly, any paperwork/documents for school, etc.

Having POA should about cover it, but it's nice to have as much documentation as you can...

thank you. Do you know if I may really need temp custody of her? I will have her mil. id, med records as well as her school paperwork and POA.

bramamber
by Amber on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

Quoting new2this09:

Good ideas.

AMBER .... join us at the Moms of Davis Monthan AFB http://www.cafemom.com/group/104108

The Military Moms Group

omerciful1
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:45 PM

It's in your best interest to have it. My sister has temp custody of my nephew and it makes it easier for schools etc to talk to her and allow her to do what is necessary.

The reason being is many places do not have to accept POA, but they do have to accept temp guardianship.

Quoting Ms.Tamara:

Quoting new2this09:

thank you. Do you know if I may really need temp custody of her? I will have her mil. id, med records as well as her school paperwork and POA.

Ms.Tamara
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:53 PM

okay thanks.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)