Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Missed meal pay???????

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

We have been waiting forever(a month +) to recieve this pay but still have no idea how much it is supposed to be. Does any one have a clue what the daily missed meal rate is? He is AF if that makes a difference.....If anyone has recieved it and even has a ball park figure it would really help. I've looked everywhere online and nothing!  We e-mailed finance and are waiting to hear back.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:05 PM

Bump.

ShannonRoe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:06 PM
Sorry no I don't know. But here's a Bumb
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannonRoe
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:07 PM
Bump. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM

So he is NOT receiving BAS?

new2this09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:15 PM

I don't remember exactly what it is (not much); I've gotten it a few times before. If I remember correctly, it correlates with per diem in the town he missed the meal. So, if per diem is $40/day; and he missed one meal, it's likely a portion of that. Did he claim it on a travel voucher?

new2this09
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM

BAS is different. If he was in training or something that caused him to miss a meal, that is unrelated to BAS. I know; it's weird!

For me, I was making BAS, but was on meal card, and due to survival training I missed several meals. I got reimbursed for this since I couldn't just go home that day and eat at the chow hall or something. Does that make sense?

Quoting SusanD:

So he is NOT receiving BAS?

Lexxy25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Quoting new2this09:

I don't remember exactly what it is (not much); I've gotten it a few times before. If I remember correctly, it correlates with per diem in the town he missed the meal. So, if per diem is $40/day; and he missed one meal, it's likely a portion of that. Did he claim it on a travel voucher?

Ya, he clamied it on his travel voucher. He is in the reserve and the type of job he had while deployed caused him to miss a meal every day he worked. His supervisor would just sign off on everyone missing one meal everyday they worked. We have heard from others that it is quit a lot of money (like 40$ a day) but I really don't know....

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:28 PM

Quoting new2this09:

If he received per diem then he has already received payment for that meal.

SusanD
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:39 PM

Quoting Lexxy25:

Quoting new2this09:

Ya, he clamied it on his travel voucher. He is in the reserve and the type of job he had while deployed caused him to miss a meal every day he worked. His supervisor would just sign off on everyone missing one meal everyday they worked. We have heard from others that it is quit a lot of money (like 40$ a day) but I really don't know....

If it was during a deployment, and he was on a "meal card" then its going to be the per diem meal portion, and that is going to be determined by the zone he was deployed to.

Lexxy25
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 8:43 PM

He filed his final voucher with missed meal forms because it is a seperate pay. He also had no meal card.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)