Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 8 Month Son

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM
  • 9 Replies

What Should My Son Be Eating? He's Formula Fed. I'm Not Sure If I'm Feeding Him The Right Amount. So I Was Just Curious Of What You Ladies Were Feeding Your 8 Month Olds.

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:50 PM

When my oldest was 8 months, she was eating baby food, food from the table and formula.She had 3 meals a day of food and then bottles in between.

T3rri
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:54 PM

By the book: only baby food or home made baby food. Depending on the amount of teeth your baby has he/she might be able to handle more than just pureed food. Formula/breast milk as well. Do not give your baby cows milk until way later. Cows milk is really hard for the underdeveloped digestive system of the baby to digest and can cause internal parasites that can lead to internal bleeding. Cows milk is the devil! lol!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 12, 2010 at 9:56 PM

This, except that I was nursing. My son at 9 months stopped liking baby food completely, and I had to change his meals to regular food, but small portions mashed up.

Quoting usmclife58:

When my oldest was 8 months, she was eating baby food, food from the table and formula.She had 3 meals a day of food and then bottles in between.

TippyD
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:16 PM

my 10 month old still gets about 75-90% of her nutrition from nursing:) *we only feed her solids once a day, maybe twice..

TippyD
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM

oh and she only eats table food when she eats solids:)

JenniP0708270
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:42 PM

I Just gave them table foods and formula in between.

Aaliyahhsmommy
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM

i fed my baby baby cereal, baby food, and she had some teeth so i gave her things she could pick up and eat without choking.

S.McManus
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 1:12 AM

my son has 8 teeth and counting and ive tried giving him those biter biscuit things but he chokes on them im scared to give him table food so i was just curious. i try to feed him baby food at least twice a day i didnt know if it should be more or less. in the morning i give him an 8oz bottle then he goes back to bed for lunch i give him 6oz bottle and a 4oz baby food jar then theres an inbetween where he gets a 6oz bottle then dinner time 6oz bottle and 4oz baby food jar then bed time he gets 6oz does that sound normal?

T3rri
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 5:38 AM

My daughter 10 months old and i feed her baby food and formula only! I feed her 3 baby food meals a day, and i feed her until she is full. Some times is a few bites and other times its 8 oz of baby food. We are down to 4, 8oz bottles a day. Hope that helps! Oh and i mix all of her vegtable baby food with baby rice cereal or baby oatmeal.  Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)