Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dreading telling home that we're TTC again

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Should we wait to tell my family?

Options:

Wait

Tell them and stand by our decision

pretend like it was a surprise too

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Alright this is mostly just a rant. We have a 19 mo and a almost three year old, and we love having our daughters close together. It isn't easy but it also isn't impossible. I actually thrive on the constant toddler games. Even when a 'hurri-nadoe' hits my living room during Dora the explorer, I love feeling needed. My girls love me and their daddy and we love them. It's awesome! Well we've decided to add one more to the mix. Honestly we're hoping for a boy. Anyway, I get my IUD out next week and we're going to give it a try after that. We're so excited that we already have the nursery set back up, and both my girls smile and say baby when they go in that room. Our oldest will point at the crib and say things like 'baby's comming' or 'my new baby'. My DH and I just feel that it's time. We'll have our three and be done with it. (doesn't help that I got to hold a bottle for a new born at the BX while his dad was filling out papers in line)

Any who, we are super pumped and so are his parents and his whole family for that matter. Except his sister for some reason. IDK I just don't want to tell my mom and grandma. When they found out we were having our daughters so close they both freaked out about how it was a bad idea. I mean they totally love our littlest one now, but for six months of my pregnancy i got badgered about it. I told them she was a surprise but we planned her. It was just easier that way cause they felt sorry for me. This time I want them to know that we want this baby and it's a decision we're making together. We moved from KY to Minot, ND so they can't bug me too much. I just don't want a long distance lecture from my two mommies. Especially when my grandma had hers closer than my first two.

I guess I'm just a chicken, but I'm really dreading it

peeking

What to do?

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:51 PM

I would not tell them anything about TTC, as it is not any of their concern. And once you are pregnant, just tell them you are expecting. If they start to give you lectures and such, just change the subject or make an excuse to get off the phone. I would always tell my mother to please keep out of my uterus, lol.

JenniP0708270
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:54 PM

OMG that last part was awesome usmclife58! too funny

LancesMom
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM

good luck

MissG9
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Tell them.

It's your womb.

MissG9
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Haha, I've always told people to stay out of mine (or someone elses) womb or uterus. I've never heard anyone else say it until now. LOL

Quoting usmclife58:

I would not tell them anything about TTC, as it is not any of their concern. And once you are pregnant, just tell them you are expecting. If they start to give you lectures and such, just change the subject or make an excuse to get off the phone. I would always tell my mother to please keep out of my uterus, lol.

And, there is no combination of words I could say...

But, I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together.
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:25 AM
My mother in law told me she didn't think we should have more children if DH was going to re-enlist. I told her it wasn't her business what we do, and that my uterus wasn't of her concern, and that if she didn't like it, she didn't have to be involved with my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TippyD
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 12:27 AM

I say tell them and stand by your deision. you dont have to tell them you are ttc, but when you do get pregnant, tell them she was planned, and if they have an issue with that, that's nice but you dont care. and if they belittle you about it, just let them know that you wont put up with it and wont talk about it. and if they phone you just let them know you are getting off the phone:)

Airmanswife
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 2:53 AM

When my son had just turned a year we tried for a second and got pregnant immediately. We were SO EXCITED and we told DH parents and their responce was, "we knew something like this would happen..." and i said, uh...we did too...we planned it. and they were kind of half joyus about it. But then we lost the baby at 9 weeks. Weve been trying for a year now, with no luck. They still ask us if we are trying, but we just tell them if it happens it happens, and weve decided to not tell them next time until the 12 week mark. we might wait even longer and just not tell them until we know what were having! lol. but since they only will live 4.5 hours away after we PCS, not sure if that will work. But, either way. I hope that If you decide to tell them, that they are supportive. Just remind them, yeah its chaotic now, but you love it that way, and when they are 6,7 and 8. it will be loads of fun! and they will be closer for it. All the best wishes and blessings!

From one TTC mommy to another.

toriandgrace
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 3:40 AM

I would just wait until you're pregnant and then tell them.

themacs4
by on Jul. 13, 2010 at 10:27 AM

I wouldn't tell them you are TTC.  It's really none of their business!!  Wait until your pregnant and then tell them the good news!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)