Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can rough sex break your water?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM
  • 21 Replies

I am 39 weeks and 1 day and my doc said I am 5 cm dilated and my water bag is bulging...can rough sex with my husband break my water??

by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ciresyefiw
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:30 PM

BUMP

Ethansmommy1987
by Member on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:32 PM

It could. Kind of like one of hose things it could or couldn't. But it could also cause an infection if it does.

Soniam301
by Sonia on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:41 PM
an orgasim can cause contractions that could break your water...
Crazy_Daze
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 6:52 PM
I know some doctors suggest having sex to get thinks moving in the labor department, I don't know if your water would necessarily break. But good for you for even thinking about sex, let alone rough sex at 39 weeks! All I wanted was to see a baby by that time! lol
asaffell
by Ashley on Jul. 16, 2010 at 7:58 PM
It's unlikely that sex would cause that much pressure on the amniotic sac. But sex is still good for the uterus and cervix.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
themacs4
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 8:12 PM
I doubt it, but if you're up for it, it's worth a try!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM
I doubt sex will break your water, but it can cause some major contractions that can break your water.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Adorkable87
by on Jul. 16, 2010 at 9:59 PM

sex period MAY cause your water to break an orgasom will cause your uturs to contract which might put you in to labor and cause your water to break! have fun *wink-wink* lol

c_turtle21
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 12:49 AM

Actually they normally suggest sex because there is a component in sperm that helps thin out the cervix and an orgasm produces oxytocin which is the natural form of pitocin.

mylilgooberpea
by on Jul. 17, 2010 at 1:25 AM

yup this.... but have sex anyway its going to be a while before you feel up to it again! GL and enjoy!

Quoting c_turtle21:

Actually they normally suggest sex because there is a component in sperm that helps thin out the cervix and an orgasm produces oxytocin which is the natural form of pitocin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)