Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

4 months after a c-section still bleeding is this normal?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM
  • 19 Replies

Ok so I had a c-section 4 months ago..my period came and what I thought was normal but lately it's been coming and going every 2 weeks I do breastfeed although not exclusively but at every feeding I nurse first then top her off with formula.  It seems to happen the most when I stress or after intercourse (this really triggered it)  its dark red blood and can be heavy at times but just lasts a few days like a period then goes away is this normal I'm fearing it's not and scared of what it happening please share your thoughts.

by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 2:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mylilgooberpea
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 2:19 AM

i do know that havingbabies can change things. and C sections are more invasive than a regular birth. my periods still arnt back to normal and i never know what im going to get heavy flow, light, 7 days, 3 days. for the first 4 months were the worst it took me that long to even start to feel like myself my Uterus tore all the way to the cervix during my c section i still have cramping and pain almost every day. i would talk to you dr or OB and ask them about the bleeding.... it couldbe that your body is still trying to heal itself, or it could just be your new mommy bodys way of working..... i have heard of some women getting their AF every 2 weeks. some things to think about, stress raises your blood pressure and orasims are just like contractions only more fun! those 2 things could be making it difficult for things to mend. but again i would talk to your DR. GL! 

Me(26) DH(27) Proud Navy Wife, our son born via emergency c-section 8/09 6lbs 15oz, 2 angel babies: m/c 7/8/06 at 8 weeks, m/c 8/8/08 at 7 weeks 6 days.

navyamerican flag ribbon  toddler boy

sienasmommy18
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 2:20 AM
sorry but what's AF?
mylilgooberpea
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 3:23 AM

its  your  montly Aunt Flo sorry it took so long i was trying to sleep.... aint happening... so i thought id check up to see if anyone else had some thougths for you.

Quoting sienasmommy18:

sorry but what's AF?

nmjordan
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM

I would def. check with my Dr. just to be on the safe side. I bled for 7 weeks after my section and then my periods went back to normal.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 18, 2010 at 11:34 AM

Sounds like a possible hormonal imbalance. I would def talk to the doctor. Good luck!

amberdy
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:14 PM

I would go to the doctor.  I never had a c-section, but that doesn't sound right.

GoddessNDaRuff
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:17 PM

Never had a c section but that is what happened to me on depo only mine lasted 10 days at a time twice a month so IDK. Did you start any BC?

yasbobari
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:37 PM

My first baby was a vaginal birth, but the second was a c-section after that i bled like  a month.. and once has a blood clot come out, it was an awful feeling but its totally normal. After that ive had regular periods, but i do feel cramping after 2 wks of my period, and once i spoted, it was just ovulation. for you it could be the same thing... though it shouldnt be heavy bleeding.... and if your blood comes close to being a tarry color its possible you may haVe a hemmorrage or something.. if this is something that persists and happens every month you should definetely call doctor. I have a website , of  a doctor from egypt, and he talks to you and will tell you for FREE if this is something you should be concerned about, i know it sounds funny, but everytime i had a problem i talked to him on the computer , he told me what to look for or if i had to go to hospital or something, and then i called my doc. and my doc told me the same, so his not a joke.. he has a page in facebook too I CARE THE BLOG. AND WEBSITE IS www.med50.blogspot.com HE WILL NEVER TELL YOU TO TAKE MEDICINES OR PRESCRIBE ANYTHING ,and will always tell you to talk to your doctor before you do anything. G LUCK :)

yasbobari
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:57 PM

BUMP!

yasbobari
by on Jul. 18, 2010 at 7:57 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN