Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone drive a minivan or Honda pilot?

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:49 AM
  • 9 Replies

Right now we have a GMC Acadia. We like it. However, we are looking at minivans because we need more options for seating. Right now, we have 3 little ones in car seats, and we are open to the possibility of adding a 4th child in the next 12-18months, which would (obviously) mean another car seat. So, we are looking for an 8 seater that has 2 tether anchors (where a FF car seat tethers) in the 3rd row. I know the Honda Odyssey and the Honda Pilot (which I realize isn't a minivan) fit that.

Do any of you drive non-Hondas that have 8 seats and 2 3rd row tether anchors? What do you drive and how do you like it? For those that have the Honda Odyssey or Pilot, how do you like it?

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:26 AM

We have a 2000 Honda Odyssey and LOVE it! As long as you take car of them, they last a long time. We've had ours for 1 1/2 years now. We got it from a Certified  Used Honda dealership. They made sure it was in tip top shape. With the condition it was in(Excellent) and the mileage on it, it blue booked around $9000, and we paid $10,000 for it. 

MommaSpry
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:48 AM

We had a minivan and i LOVED it, it was so easy to move around in with carseats, very spacious, and really comfortable. I had a chevy but it was only 7 seats because we had bucket seats instead of a front bench seat

themacs4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:34 AM

My friend has a Honda Pilot and she loves it!  I like it too!  It's really nice and has lots of room!

JMmama
by Kara on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Thanks, ladies! Anyone else want to weigh in?

fairymom2316
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 1:44 PM

BUMP!

mamamissy23
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:18 PM

bump

EagleMom96
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM

We love our Pilot. It has 108,000 miles and going strong.  We have two kids, but I carpool and fit 3 more on a daily basis.  They fit comfortably, but you do lose storage space when you put that third row up.  I do know many people that love their Odyssey...one with four kids and she is very happy with it. : ) Good Luck in your search! 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:16 PM

BUMP!

mommyof2EO
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 4:20 PM
I have a pilot and I LOVE it!!! Lots of space and a smooth ride. We got it because we were trying for our third. Personally I don't like minivans, so after looking at suv's I fell in love with the pilot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)