Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please help!! My cousin is missing!! **UPDATE**

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM
  • 12 Replies

Hi I rarely post but I'm hoping some of you military mommas posted in Germany might be able to give me some information. My cousin Jesse just finished his second year of college and is now studying abroad in Sweden. The group he is with decided to go to loveparade, a music festival in Duisburg, Germany, which turned deadly yesterday. 19 people were trampled to death and many more injured in a pedestrian tunnel. Jesse is overseas with no phone and we have no idea if he's OK, we have not heard from him nor any of his friends. Emails have been sent as well as inquiries on Facebook.
Do any of you mommas know how we might find out if he's on the injured list or if he's OK? If you don't know please bump so someone who does may see this. Jesse's mom is frantic as you can imagine so thanks in advance for assistance you may provide.

~UPDATE~
Jesse is not on any lists, injured or otherwise, but still has not gotten in contact with anyone in the family. We are assuming and hoping that it's just that the comm systems in the surrounding areas are overwhelmed and it may be that he just can't get a call out. Thank you for your prayers and positive thoughts, please keep them coming until we hear from him and know he and his friends are safe and sound.

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 8:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:24 AM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Myst1cQueen
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:36 AM

BUMP!

bramamber
by Amber on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:55 AM
Bump. Would the embassy have the list of injured Americans?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellasmom_01
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:03 PM

bump for update

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:23 PM

BUMP!

chiana
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:02 PM

bump

devinalexis
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:17 PM

thats good he is not on the list

06NavyWife
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:20 PM

BUMP!

Lizygoinghooray
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 12:31 AM

BUMP!

sailorwifenmom
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 3:41 AM

Hi,

I really hope that your cousin is ok!  One thing to try to keep in mind that I've seen from the military side (as well as having teenagers) is how often people (often teens or younger 20 somethings with no kids - not a slam on these age groups, just who I've seen do this) will be somewhere where something like that happens, and it doesn't even occur to them to call home.  THEY know they're ok, so it doesn't even occur to them that the people back home might not know that, or that they might be worried.

I would keep checking the lists and check with the Embassy, and keep doing what you're doing - send him a  message on facebook or email him.  But, as hard as it is, at this point, no news really is good news!

hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)