Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

the pay system sucks big time here!

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM
  • 31 Replies

I am really getting annoyed here!  We are screwed but that was our fault.  Background.

Hubby wnt to NTC, back in May, came home June 9th.  well here it is almost August and he has not gotten the money in yet!  They said after he signed some voucher it will take 72 hours to 14 days to get the money in, well they finally had the paper work ready not this past monday but the monday before.  so on payday hubby told me go ahead and go buy a new vacuum (we needed one) and we also spent more money than we should have when we went to great wolfe lodge last weekend.  (that place is outrageous!  still fun though!)  so here we are all our bills paid, ect but we have 40 bucks till payday!  I hate our account getting so low, but it makes me nervous! 

the money will not be in tomorrow it is not even showing up on my pay, so who knows!  It just makes me mad!  He has been home for almost two months!

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tarinah
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:13 AM

why does he get money for going to NTC?

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:19 AM

I think something is wrong with the pay system in general, as my husband still hasn't gotten his per diem for while he was deployed, and he's been back since the beginning of April. We just count it as we're not getting it because it has been so long. He has also not been paid for his travel pay to a Yellow Ribbon event that was at 80 miles away from where we live. I also am now not counting on ever seeing that. We just budget for not ever getting it at this point, and just spend what we have.

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:20 AM

They had to pay for thier own food while out there so they are being reimbursed.  He is getting a little over a grand.

Quoting tarinah:

themacs4
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I don't think that $$$ will show up on mypay.  My hubby's never has.  Also, don't ever spend $$$ you don't have yet!!!  I hope you guys get it soon!

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:23 AM

oh wow!  Yeah that is what we usually do, but since they said it would be in for sure, hubby gave me the go ahead. lol, hecck he did not get clothing allowance for two years!  I kept telling him you need to get that checked, he finally did and got that money within three days. lol (this was 6 months ago)  yeah we normally do not count on money, just gotta go school clothes shopping for the kids next week and I gotta b uy my school books. lol

Quoting violinjewel:

I think something is wrong with the pay system in general, as my husband still hasn't gotten his per diem for while he was deployed, and he's been back since the beginning of April. We just count it as we're not getting it because it has been so long. He has also not been paid for his travel pay to a Yellow Ribbon event that was at 80 miles away from where we live. I also am now not counting on ever seeing that. We just budget for not ever getting it at this point, and just spend what we have.

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:24 AM

It should show up on TOA (travel pay)  that is what finance said.  we will be fine, we have plenty of groceries all the bills are paid, ect.  Just extra expenises make me nervous. lol. 

Quoting themacs4:

I don't think that $$$ will show up on mypay.  My hubby's never has.  Also, don't ever spend $$$ you don't have yet!!!  I hope you guys get it soon!

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Yea, my husband was suppose to get a cloting allowance, and hasn't recieved that either. We just decided not to put any trust into getting paid by the military, because hearing they lost the paperwork for about the hundredth time gets old.

Quoting lovingwifey:

oh wow!  Yeah that is what we usually do, but since they said it would be in for sure, hubby gave me the go ahead. lol, hecck he did not get clothing allowance for two years!  I kept telling him you need to get that checked, he finally did and got that money within three days. lol (this was 6 months ago)  yeah we normally do not count on money, just gotta go school clothes shopping for the kids next week and I gotta b uy my school books. lol

Quoting violinjewel:

lovingwifey
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:28 AM

lol, yeah our first time moving with Army we did a ditty move (5 years ago)  it took them 6 months!  We will never do a ditty move again. lol

Quoting violinjewel:

Yea, my husband was suppose to get a cloting allowance, and hasn't recieved that either. We just decided not to put any trust into getting paid by the military, because hearing they lost the paperwork for about the hundredth time gets old.

Quoting lovingwifey:

Quoting violinjewel:

tarinah
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:30 AM

all the times my DH was there all they ate were MRE's lol

Quoting lovingwifey:

They had to pay for thier own food while out there so they are being reimbursed.  He is getting a little over a grand.

Quoting tarinah:

Im a 30 year old army wife and proud SAHM mom. I am a cloth diapering, selective vaccinating, non-circumsizing, extended breastfeeding, and ERF kind of mama to Colton 1 and Sierra 4. I do what is best for MY children!!!
bluesky51201
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:37 AM

Quoting themacs4:

I agree.  My DH works in finance and we never count on money until it is actually sitting in the bank.  Hope it gets settled soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)