Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice on 1st pcs

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM
  • 9 Replies

Our last day here will be Aug 25th, we are driving from NC to IL and spending the weekend with my family (my bday is the 28th and a surprise 50th wedding anniversary party for my grandparents is the 29th) then driving to new base in KS.  Can everyone tell me about how long it took to get your stuff when the Army moved you.  I am afraid I'm going to over pack but have 2 kids and a dog and 1 child will be in school so I want to make sure we have stuff.  I'm planning on bringing a weeks worth of clothes and 2 weeks of shirts for everyone except hubby- he will have uniforms and couple outfits (he wears pj pants after work unless we leave house) I want to bring 1 tv and probably the playstaion then they can play games or have it for dvd player until we get cable, microwave (easy lunches), and a box with few kitchen items (asking for new pots and pans for bday so will get those at parents), the laptop and the kids get to pack a bag with toys/books whatever they want to play with.  Anything else people suggest please let me know. Thanks

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tangleballlover
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 12:00 PM

Usually it's around 1-2 weeks.

I always make sure to pack in 3 categories for kids: Play, sleep, and hygiene. So toys, things they need to sleep comfortably and things to keep 'em clean. LOL.

When we pcs'd...I made a quick list of things to eat for the next few weeks and bought a pot and a pan and a few utensils, along with some paper plates and plastic cups and silverware.

SierraLynn
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:16 PM

From our drive from Alaska to Kentucky, out stuff was there before we were. We also stopped in Michigan for 8 extra days tho... If we would have gotten here without the leave, we would have had to wait like 4 days... I'm sure the farther away, like Germany and Korea it would take longer, but your staying within the continental US, and it shouldn't take long. PP is probably right with the 1-2 weeks, maybe a little more.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Proud Army Wife & Mommy to Madison!
Seans_mommy123
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2010 at 3:21 PM

Whenever we have PCS'd we have always had a requested delivery date and then a date of delivery no later than. We have always gotten it on the requested delivery date. The one time it went into storage we requested about a week before we wanted it and got it on the day we wanted it. We'll do the same thing again this time since our stuff is in storage while our house is being built.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:19 PM

BUMP!

happy6
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 9:24 PM

If you are bringing all of that, I hope you are doing a partial dity.. its RARE stateside to stateside PCS for it to take longer than 2 weeks

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Bump.

c_turtle21
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:22 PM

When we went from Riley to Eustis our items arrived two days after we did. Our HHG were in storage until we found a house.

Johariz
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 5:43 AM
When we pcs'd our stuff got there the day after we did, it only took a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommaSpry
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 6:04 AM

Bump, this was our first pcs and we moved over seas, it took our stuff 2 months.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)