Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"The Chain of Shame"

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM
  • 14 Replies

Do you guys know about this?  Apparently, when a guy in Iraq or Afghanistan finds out his wife/gf is cheating or leaves him, they send all of the nude pics they have of them to other soldiers?  I had never heard of this until the other day one of the guys I work with got a text that said, "Here ya go boys, let's make her famous" and it was a nude pic of some guy's g/f that had dumped him while he was deployed.  He (the guy I work with) in turn sent it to every soldier he knows!  He then proceeded to show me the 10 or so he had received from friends/friends of friends...  Is that not crazy??  So ugh, be careful wives, and g/fs! lol

-Ashley, Conservative RepublicanSouthern Baptist in doubt of my faithPro-Life, raised in the SOUTH, can be stuck in my ways close-mindedWife of 5 years to PedroMother to Azriel <survivor of GastroschisisShort Bowel Syndrome, & a Small Bowel+Liver+Pancreas Transplant & US Army Soldier 

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommaSpry
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:32 PM

I've heard of that before on here but no where else. I'm sure some guys might, wouldnt surprise me.

daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:35 PM

That is just wrong. I was told they can get in trouble for doing that. Not sure if it's true though. I talked about it with my DH and he refuses to be apart of it if he ever gets sent one.

victoriaherring
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM

i've heard about it on here before.. i'm sure its just an excuse to send a picture of a naked girl to their friends..

MaMa2Azriel
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM

They use their cell phones as far as I know.  This guy had like 10 pics on his phone.  I asked him if his wife cared that he had other guys' wives and g/fs naked on his phone.  He was like, "She actually looks them on Facebook and sends them nasty messages".  I was like, WOW.  You guys need a life! lol

Quoting daiseymae2:

That is just wrong. I was told they can get in trouble for doing that. Not sure if it's true though. I talked about it with my DH and he refuses to be apart of it if he ever gets sent one.

-Ashley, Conservative RepublicanSouthern Baptist in doubt of my faithPro-Life, raised in the SOUTH, can be stuck in my ways close-mindedWife of 5 years to PedroMother to Azriel <survivor of GastroschisisShort Bowel Syndrome, & a Small Bowel+Liver+Pancreas Transplant & US Army Soldier 

daiseymae2
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Cheating is wrong, but no one deserves to have naked photos of the floating around without their consent. I hope I don't have to deal with wives like that. That is really childish. They aren't in high school anymore. Time to grow up. If someone cheats on someone, that is between that couple. It's no one else's business. 

Quoting MaMa2Azriel:

They use their cell phones as far as I know.  This guy had like 10 pics on his phone.  I asked him if his wife cared that he had other guys' wives and g/fs naked on his phone.  He was like, "She actually looks them on Facebook and sends them nasty messages".  I was like, WOW.  You guys need a life! lol

Quoting daiseymae2:

DevynHummer
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM

That's pretty messed up! I am not condoning sending the pictures around BUT what do these girls expect? Cheating on your man who is deployed fighting for this country is the most f***ed up thing! I have no respect whatsoever for those women!

mamamissy23
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 5:15 PM

im sure any guy would do this...but its just wrong...

SierraLynn
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Ive heard and witnessed it. DH gets them from his platoon, and I used to also, weird I know... I hated it, and would just delete them...

Silly3smom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 6:33 PM

It does send a loud and clear message to wives/girlfriends of deployed soldiers-but I don't condone passing nuse pics around.

MaMa2Azriel
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 7:16 PM

I have nudes of my DH and I can't imagine passing them around...no matter what he did to me!  I could see if they were fat/ugly, it would embarrass them, but the ones I've seen were hot lol

Quoting Silly3smom:

It does send a loud and clear message to wives/girlfriends of deployed soldiers-but I don't condone passing nuse pics around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)