Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

random question about your credit kinda long

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM
  • 10 Replies

Ok so my son was in karate and it was getting to be very expensive, it would rotate months 125 one month then 185 the next...we were under a 3 year contract with them but broke the contract and told them we were moving so it would be cancelled with no penalty well they didnt cancel it right away (which we did send the request in writting which was dated) But they say we owe them money...whatever...thats not the problem...the problem is....we had an EFT draft set up with my bank card, well my bank card was stolen, (this was a seperate account that ive had since I was 13 and my mom was joint on it) well since the bank card was reported stolen they went to take a payment out and it declined (at this time we were still going there) I called my mom to see if she could go to the bank and withdraw moey out and send it to me (the bank is 4 hours from where I live now) she said that she had a card to the account that she never used and asked if they could take the card over the phone. They said yes and took the card. Well that was the last payment they got after that I closed the whole bank account well they tried to run the card again and it declined. I just got a letter in the mail from a collections accunt saying my mom is in collections from them bc it was her name on the card even though it was my account...now this karate place has my social and I dont care if they put it on my credit, I will just pay it when tax season comes...but my mom has an 815 credit rating and i will not mss that up... but they do not have her social number, just her name...they dont even know her address bc I am the one who got the collections letter she lives 4 hours away...so my question is can they put something on her credit without her social number?? Thanks sorry this is so long...I just wanted to make sure I put all the facts

by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tangleballlover
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

BUMP!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:16 PM

BUMP!

ShannonRoe
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:17 PM
From what I understand they can only go after you, not
her. She didn't sign the contact, nor did she give permission for them to run the card the 2 time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pandorasbox69
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:19 PM

To my knowledge no. Not to mention that because the account was opened and closed in your name, it is your responsibility. You signed a contract, she didn't. If they insist they are somehow going to put it on her credit, I suggest talking to them in person.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

mamamissy23
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

Thanks! yeah she has nothing to do with the place...she never signed any contract...or anything, I just dont want this affecting her credit....shes never made a late payment or had anything negetive on her credit in her life...

violinjewel
by Julia on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:24 PM

I'm not sure. Bump.

MorgansYoungMom
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoB.Monk
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:45 PM

Yes. All they have to do is send the account in...if your mom is listed as a secondary on your account - SHE is liable if YOU fall through...be it your fault or not....

MoB.Monk
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Sorry - I got lost - I thought you were talking about putting her in collections because of the bank account...the karate place cannot - your mom didnt sign the contract.

Quoting mamamissy23:

Thanks! yeah she has nothing to do with the place...she never signed any contract...or anything, I just dont want this affecting her credit....shes never made a late payment or had anything negetive on her credit in her life...

mamamissy23
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 10:52 PM

No the bank account was closed in good standing with a zero balance. Its the karate place thats trying to go after her bc her name was on the card....why they wouldnt go after me I have no idea I am the one on the contract, nobody else is

Quoting MoB.Monk:

Sorry - I got lost - I thought you were talking about putting her in collections because of the bank account...the karate place cannot - your mom didnt sign the contract.

Quoting mamamissy23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)