Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Suggestions?? Could definitely use some!

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM
  • 7 Replies

DH is retraining so we are PCSing in Jan...Well we are living in base housing and while DH was deployed our home became infested with mice..I had gone home for 2 weeks in xmas to see family..so they had 2 weeks to go through my ENTIRE house..So I came home to that wonderful little gift..and was all alone had NO ONE to help, with a house covered in mouse feces and urine..it was really bad..no one cared..housing, DH's shop...and here I am with a 19 month old trying to do this on my own..well It took me 2 weeks, but I went through every room, closet and cranny and cleaned it all..which after reading online is very dangerous to clean up a heavy infestation on ones own..but I had no choice..but I used disinfectant and a chemical cleaning mask..but we still have one room left...the basement...its already discusting to begin with and we dont go down there and we have no storage..however the mice were down there and we have an old couch we stored down there and thats it..but they pooped and peed ALL OVER it..I mean its sick..but we dont know what to do, no one wants to touch it and its so covered its like impossible to clean, how do we get it out? and how do we dispose of it? I mean I dont want my husband getting sick from handling this thing because of the diseases their waste harbors..but we have to get it out by Jan...Any advice???

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
tangleballlover
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM

BUMP!

Schleetle
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Can you call the city to come pick it up, and haul it to the dump? Wrap it in  that plastic stuff that movers use.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:53 PM

Good luck!!

Bump

bamababe1975
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:28 PM

With coveralls, face mask, and gloves, wrap the couch in plastic wrap (you can get it at moving centers or even at a UPS Store) thoroughly and haul it to the dump or call the city to come get it. You might have to pay for them to take it away, but if you have to get it out and get rid of it, it's worth it.

SierraLynn
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 3:08 PM

Get a saws-all cut ti up, wrap it up in platci or tarps or something, and get it out of there. Its probably cheaper than calling a company to come get it. Just make sure your protected, and in clothers that protect you, or clothes that you will never wear again.

Be careful and good luck!

Pishyah
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 4:24 PM

OMG!  HOW did they leave you to do it all by yourself with a toddler?!?!?!  Hun, I'm so sorry!  I hope one of these suggestions helps you.  > (

Lizzys_mommy13
by on Aug. 9, 2010 at 3:34 PM

I am sorry. I don't have any advice, but here is a bump for someone that might!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)