Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Deployment Money

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM
  • 10 Replies

I'm sure it's called something else but that's not what I'm asking about. How long was your sweetie gone on deployment did the first check show up? He doesn't even know. The threat of deployment is upon us once more so we're looking in to everything kind of quickly. He's an alternate for someone and they may not be able to go because of a family emergency.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:01 PM

Combat pay kicks in as soon as boots hit the ground, but it sometimes takes a couple of pay periods before it shows up. Like, if they got to theatre October 26th, the pay may be on the Nov 15th or the Dec 1st check. Separation pay does not hit until after 30 days. So, using the same date, it would not hit until the Dec 1st payment. But, they back pay from the start date of the deployment, so the Dec 1st check would be super huge. That is how DH's last deployment pay went.

mama2drakeNabby
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:03 PM

Ditto.  That's how it was with our 1st deployment, and we're heading into the 2nd deployment in a few weeks and I'm sure that's how it's going to be again. 

Quoting usmclife58:

Combat pay kicks in as soon as boots hit the ground, but it sometimes takes a couple of pay periods before it shows up. Like, if they got to theatre October 26th, the pay may be on the Nov 15th or the Dec 1st check. Separation pay does not hit until after 30 days. So, using the same date, it would not hit until the Dec 1st payment. But, they back pay from the start date of the deployment, so the Dec 1st check would be super huge. That is how DH's last deployment pay went.

JMmama
by Kara on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:06 PM

That's how it was for us, except that we didn't get our seperation until he got back and we got it as a lump sum.

LuxAeterna
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:09 PM

About two pay periods for us.  He received back pay.

JessicaM07
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Just like the other lady's said, he started getting hazard and substandard living pay as soon as he was  boots on ground. It was three months into his deployment however before I saw it, there was nothing and then a Really big pay check because they back payed him, since then it has been on his pay every month. He isn't getting family separation pay right now, we decided to wait until he gets home to fill out the paperwork and we will get it in one lump sum. 

MaoChow
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 6:58 PM

Thank you so much!!! Hubby is playing StarCrack when I read it to him, so I will probably have to reread it later.

butterflyblu
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 7:48 PM

It took about 2 pay periods for his deployment pay to kick in but he got back pay starting for the day he left. 

violinjewel
by Julia on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:06 PM

This was the same for us.

Quoting usmclife58:

tiffanyrachelle
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 9:08 PM

at least 30 days... if not more.  

mamamissy23
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:58 AM

my hubby gets per diem when he is deployed, he gets about 100 dollars a day depending on where he goes sometimes its more sometimes its less and we get it once a month.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)