Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever crawled through a window?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM
  • 15 Replies

Of a car!! or your house cuz your locked out?? To get back into it. Ugh my sons cars lock froze up. Couldn't unlock or open the doors. I had to climb through the window to get into the seat to get home. Boy what a site that must have been!

Ever had to do something like this??

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kittylove86
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Nothing like that, but when I was a kid about 14 I was staying at a friends grandma's house and we climbed out the window and back in.  It was one of those super tiny basement windows, Like 15X18.  I hope my kids never do the things I did as a kid!!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:01 PM

Both house and a car.

My car had been hit on the driver's side and it would not open, so I kept the window down so I could get in and out. But it was only for 2 days until I could get it in the shop.

And as far as the house window.... Let's just say I was a very naughty teenager.

jkleinman
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:02 PM

I've had to crawl through a window of my apartment twice in 9 years because I locked my keys in the house.  Once I had to crawl up on my pouch roof and push my air conditioning unit in to get in.  Once I just crawled through my brother's bedroom window.

Brittany.Dann
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:04 PM
A few times when I have locked myself out of the house and sneaking out as a teen.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tangleballlover
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:23 PM

Too many times!

mommam58122
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM

i didnt but dh had to crawl through our bathroom window before because we lived on base and we had to take dd to the er for something and before we left we remember leaving the house unlocked bc hey we were on base and we specifically remember leaving it unlocked bc we had misplaced the house keys and we came home and our house was locked. the scary part was a friend of mine said at this certin base supposedly the mp's will randomly check people's doors and if its not locked they will reach in and lock it. but i was preggo so i was too big to fit int he window and dh just barely fit in but he got in with a few scratches then there was one other time that dh had cq and he scared the shit out of me cause i guess he had been knocking on the front door to get in cause he got relived early and came home and i never heard him knocking so he came around ot the bedroom window which i didnt know was unlocked and had NO SCREEN on it and all of a sudden i heard the window open and felt this huge breeze cause it was windy out and saw this guy in uniform (i wear glasses so i couldnt make out it was dh) and he was like uh you wanna go unlock the door for me and i was like why u have the window open just come on in lol but he scared the shit out of me.

mylilgooberpea
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 1:08 AM

many times LOL these are the 2 funniest ones. (i used to fit through the doggy door until i was about 16...)

i crawled through my window on prom night because i didnt have a pocket for my keys in my slinky dress. but my parents locked the door soo my prom date in his rented tux did the whole one knee on the ground thing. offered his hands then i could step on his other leg to get in. LOL that must have been weird to see though a snazzy teen in a prom dress going head first feet high in the air sliding onto my bed. we said goodnight and he went home.... laughing. the guy stayed with me for 3 years so i must have done something right...

then when Cali had the last 5 point something earthquake i was cleaning my house went out to empty the trash. and the door closed on me my 1 year old was in side crying and i couldnt get in! so i stood on boxes outside and was half way in when the earthquake hit. i didn't feel it but it helped me jiggle through the small very high window. i only found out later that evening that we had an earthquake while i was half in and half out of the window. i had black bruises all on the right side of my body it looked like i was beat bad. but my son was scared and he needed his mommy...... scared until he saw me coming through the window then he just started laughing at me.

Double.L
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 8:10 AM

At 14 I climbed out my window, walked 30 minutes and climbed into my boyfriends window (tmi lost my virginity that night). His mom got up real early and came into his room to talk to him so I had to hide in the closet. I was in there so long that I fell asleep! lol

themomof3boys
by Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:39 AM

yes I have...when I lived in an apartment and I had stepped out to get the mail and my son came behind me and shut the door...he was about 2 1/2 OOPS, luckily the window was opened.

devinalexis
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 9:56 AM

i have i had to go down stairs and get a screw driver to take of the mesh then jimmy the window so i could open it and clim in i left my keys in the door when i left so i had to a few times

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)