• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I leave the group?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I leave the group or can I stay?

Options:

Stay

Leave

It's up to you

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

As much as I hate to think about it, but I think I need to leave this group.  My Army man and I split up in January while I was 5 months pregnant with our daughter.  We were best friends for 10 years before we started dating.  It's taken 8 months, but we're working on repairing the friendship.  I became a member of this group while we were dating and I really do enjoy being a member of this group, but I'm not sure I belong any more.  I don't want to leave the group because I really enjoy you ladies and do still understand what you're going through as military wives.  I wasn't married to my army man, but I went through 3 of 4 of his deployments with him and all of that.

My point to all of this is I'm wondering if you ladies think I should leave the group because I am no longer with my army man or would it be ok with all of you if I remain a member of this group?  I understand completely no matter what you say and accept your opinion with no question.  Thanks ladies.

baby girlteen boy

Ariel Beth               Max

my baby girl!        my 18 year old brother that is college bound.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gecko85
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:54 PM

I voted its up to you. That said I do not know your situation, but I am sad that this little girl didn't get a chance to know you two together. I know my husband and I were going through some stuff while I was pregnant. We still are, but it is getting better all the time and I love watching him with DD.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Absolutely stay!! This group is not just for military spouses- SO's, moms, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends and those just THINKING about joining are all part of this group. Plus, you have still had experience as a military SO that you can share.

Brittany.Dann
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:56 PM
Its up to u
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jkleinman
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM

It's sad for me as well, but when he gets back to the states he'll get to spend time with her and me since we're trying to get our friendship back.  She may not know us together in a relationship, but hopefully as good friends which will be good for all of us.  Thank you for your vote.

Quoting Gecko85:

I voted its up to you. That said I do not know your situation, but I am sad that this little girl didn't get a chance to know you two together. I know my husband and I were going through some stuff while I was pregnant. We still are, but it is getting better all the time and I love watching him with DD.

baby girlteen boy

IrishDuckie
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:59 PM

You are the mom of a daughter who has a daddy that's in the military... Lol convoluted I know... But still, you are going to have to still deal with deployments and children like the rest of us. I vote you stay, you'll still need the help :-)

jkleinman
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Thank you ladies for your honesty and support.

Petite.Amante
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Considering you have a baby with a military man, you may still have questions about how things will be different, spousal support, etc. I say stay. Everyone connected to the military is welcomed here. But if you feel uncomfortable, we're not going to hog-tie you to us LOL

tangleballlover
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

Absolutely stay!! This group is not just for military spouses- SO's, moms, sisters, cousins, aunts, friends and those just THINKING about joining are all part of this group. Plus, you have still had experience as a military SO that you can share.

jkleinman
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:24 PM

I don't feel uncomfortable, I love this group, but I just worry others may feel I don't belong because I'm not married to or actively military.  No hog-tieing needed though.  LOL.

Quoting Petite.Amante:

Considering you have a baby with a military man, you may still have questions about how things will be different, spousal support, etc. I say stay. Everyone connected to the military is welcomed here. But if you feel uncomfortable, we're not going to hog-tie you to us LOL

baby girlteen boy

jkleinman
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 12:40 AM

Looks like I'm staying. Thank you ladies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)