Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you support the war?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 34 Replies

Not the military and people fighting in it (of COURSE we support them!) But do you think we are in the wars between Iraq and Afghanistan with good reason? Or should we get out while we can with fewer lives lost?

I know this is contrversial, but keep it civil. I'm genuinely curious to see how we really feel about what our significant others are fighting for, and I would really like to see how the AD members feel about it.

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:37 AM
Afganistan was reasonable. Iraq was unreasonable and in my opinion it was a violation of Geneva convention and UN guidelines. We have been in Afghanistan entirely too long and there is no need for us to continue spending money to fight. I don't feel there is a reason to be there and it's ridiculous that with all the technology we have that Afghanistan is the longest war in American history to date. I don't support the wars.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:39 AM

I agree, and since I can't say it better, I will just look really smart by quoting you :)

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Afganistan was reasonable. Iraq was unreasonable and in my opinion it was a violation of Geneva convention and UN guidelines. We have been in Afghanistan entirely too long and there is no need for us to continue spending money to fight. I don't feel there is a reason to be there and it's ridiculous that with all the technology we have that Afghanistan is the longest war in American history to date. I don't support the wars.

themacs4
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM

Yes, I do and I will just leave it at that!  :)

starreyedcutie
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 10:40 AM

YES i do support the war!

amberarend
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:10 AM

I think we have no reason to be in Iraq anymore.  Especially since they pulled all combat troops out.  Now the troops that are left are just target practice.  They never let them fight back, so why are they there?  Afghanistan is for a good reason.

llove12
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:18 AM
I think the Afgan war is just dragging on now with no real results and lives are being lost for nothing. I don't think we'll ever be able to change the climate of that country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Soniam301
by Sonia on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I agree...

We have too many lives lost already...too many more will be lost, all for what? To help a country that doesn't seem to want out help and will most likely revert back to what it was when we got there...And that goes for both Iraq and Afghanistan...It saddens me everyday I see another soldier, sailor, marine, airman in a DOD release that has died.

Quoting llove12:

I think the Afgan war is just dragging on now with no real results and lives are being lost for nothing. I don't think we'll ever be able to change the climate of that country.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 24, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Yes, I agree with both wars.

JacobsGirl03
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:35 PM

Nope. Neither. Hubby is with me on that as well.

jlchadwick86
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 2:37 PM

I support both wars as does my hubby

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)