Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think he forgot :( *UPDATE*

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

Today is our 3 year anniversary and weve been texting all morning and he hasnt said anything to me. I refuse to say it to remind him. And i know that hes not trying to see if I remember bc he knows I remember everything. I really think he forgot.

ok so he admitted that he forgot. He said he remembered right before his dad text him when he was reminding his chief that he wouldnt be there friday bc they said he could have a 4 day weekend so that we can go to the Keys. BUTTTTT...He did make up for it! He got me the cutest card and he got me a Vera Bradley purse and matching wallet. And he had bought the purse and stuff weeks ago and had it hidden in his truck behind his seat. (even though he did say that he forgot it was there too) But he took me to Olive Garden last night...which the food was so yummy and the service was good...but we had the kids with us and they were brats and they sat us right next to a party of 20 kids celebrating someones 18th birthday....I was not happy about that and wrote a note on the cc reciept to the manager...

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PJmom1226
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:16 AM

Maybe he's going to surprise you later today...

prego7386
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:17 AM

oh ouch :( maybe he is just swamped mentally with stuff at work. give him to the end of the day and if he doesn't remember tell him "you owe me big time buddy good thing payday is coming up" lol

KolbysMomma1
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:18 AM

im sure he remembers! mayb he has a surprise for u or hes had a long day at work already? i wouldnt remind him either :) u get more goodies if they truly forget!! LOL!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM

Maybe he doesn't remember it right now, but he will by the end of the day. My husband does that all the time when he is working. He will do a bunch of paperwork with the date before it finally hits him, lol!

Happy Anniversary!!

mamamissy23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:21 AM
hes been waiting to fly all morning but his plane is broken and he was texting me saying hes bored. so i dont think hes very busy lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JenB1983
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:22 AM

If it makes you feel any better; my birthday was on Sunday.  It was the third birthday in a row DH has been gone for.....and he forgot about it until I mentioned getting my cards in the mail that night.  Then I just got a "oh, yeah, happy birthday" tacked onto the end of another text.  Really sweet.

mamamissy23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 8:27 AM
awww. yea hubby was gone last bday he will also be gone this bday and next bday last year he forgot and he said he would make it up to me and he sent me the taylor swift cd a week later. wow big spender to bad i dont listen to her.

Quoting JenB1983:

If it makes you feel any better; my birthday was on Sunday.  It was the third birthday in a row DH has been gone for.....and he forgot about it until I mentioned getting my cards in the mail that night.  Then I just got a "oh, yeah, happy birthday" tacked onto the end of another text.  Really sweet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:24 AM

OUCH!!

So, did he remember?! Or is a flogging in order?

Quoting mamamissy23:

awww. yea hubby was gone last bday he will also be gone this bday and next bday last year he forgot and he said he would make it up to me and he sent me the taylor swift cd a week later. wow big spender to bad i dont listen to her.

Quoting JenB1983:

EagleMom96
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:34 AM

Happy Anniversary...I bet he comes through! Hang tight!  

mamamissy23
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 9:46 AM
he text me happy anniversary....2 min after his dad sent us both a text that said happy 3rd anniversary you two i love and miss you both....so he was reminded...by his father....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)